Clio RS200t lux fuel....

Just a quick one... Im new to this car only had it this week... But it there any need to put Super unleaded in this thing? is it worth the extra pence... I know we are not talking a Ferrari here but will it make a difference?....

Yes but really depends on how you drive it
if you use the full range of engine revs I would run it on super but if just plodding up and down a motorway I would use normal
if you do drive aggressively try using super until tank is empty and then fill up with normal within a day you will notice the car not wanting to accelerate as quickly as before
it is very suttle but when driving fast every hundredth of a second adds up and gets you there quicker

ok cool, im naturally an aggressive driver (not in a road rage, king of the road ******ish way)... just got a heavy left foot on take off... I'll do some experimenting...

Is there any other petrol than V Power or Tesco 99? If you use ordinary fuel the engine just backs the timing out and goes slower, takes 3 tanks of VPower to get it back to full performance after using 95. Not really worth using 95, more performance and more mpg on Super

mine runs 100-200 km/h (62-124mph) in 18.x sec regardless if running on 95 or 98ron fuel... maybe there will be a difference in summer, but currently i don't see the need for 98ron

Well that's it VPower it is, i like things working properly... I done some reading and apart from the preference and the improved mpg... Apparently it protects high prominence engines better with the bigger pressure cased by the turbo... So with all that in mind it's worth the extra pence... Considering i just spent £20k on it lol....

Just need to find my watering hole now, i know the local Morrisons and Asda don't do it....

EDIT: The only place without going to far out of my way is, Texaco Supreme Unleaded which is a 97... Same stuff different name?

Last edited:
Yes you're right it's 99... Just found one by my work... £1.209 ltr... I'll get the stuff there, V power nitro +...