Clio RS 20th mod in Japan

hey masa! nice work on your clio! hope you will be sharing some performance mods from japan sometime too! :smile:

Nice. I thought you have R/H drive cars in Japan like UK?!

Yes we have R/H Clios (Japanese name is Lutecia) here.
In Japan you can drive both R/H and L/H ,and mainly R/H.
I prefer L/H because of the wide space for my left foot.

Yesterday I added 'Rigid collars' to my clio.

Front rigid collars are put between body frame and front sub-frame.
They minimize the clearance of bolts and bolt holes and put bolts to the centre of the holes.
I think you can't believe but they reduce noise and vibration from suspention, and
you feel like you drive a stiff box.:thumbup1:

front
rigicola04.jpg

Rear rigid collars are put between body frame and torsion bar.

rear
rigicola07.jpg

Lovely car and mods Masa!
Do u have an ebay link for these rigid collars please?
Like Cannit i also had a few jdm cars. My favourite was my red pulsar gtir. A right pocket rocket!
Seriously hope all goes well with Japan with rebuilding etc.

Hi Masa

Can you make a sketch of the colars front and rear, with right dimensions. Quite easy to produce them without ebay.
Thanx to you alot for very interesting mods.

I love Masa's topics. He always has something new to share when you read through them. Keep up the great work and start your own business selling them to us in the UK please! "Masa Tuning"

:uk:

Those collars can't make that much difference surely?!?!!!! If they do I'm having a set!!!

It's not like they are uprated suspension bushes?!

Awesome thread/mods all the same though!!!

Those collars can't make that much difference surely?!?!!!! If they do I'm having a set!!!

It's not like they are uprated suspension bushes?!

Awesome thread/mods all the same though!!!

Think we need to have some made up if Masa can provide details.
Medical grade stainless perhaps?
Or see if a UK company can import them...

Thank you for your replies.
I found "RigidCollar.com" euro dealer of Rigid Collar.
Please check the web to know what do they do instead of my poor english.

"RigidCollar.com"
http://www.rigidcollar.com/

This movie is very helpfull.
http://www.rigidcollar.com/what-is-rigid-collar.html

I absolutely agree they are too expensive.
So some representative buy one set, and.............take care for patent problem haha !!:thumbup1:

Its really good to have them. Previously I suspected its effect.

We need dimensions!

Wonder if this stops the infamous pulling to the left? I read that the remedy was loosening the rear subframe and re-aligning it...so these should hold the subframe square to the body forever?

Masa, you really are leading the way with the mods atm!

Wonder if this stops the infamous pulling to the left?
I read that the remedy was loosening the rear subframe and re-aligning it...
so these should hold the subframe square to the body forever?

When I bought my clio, I strongly feel "pulling to the left" problem, so I loosened all subframe's bolts
and re-aligned it using some washers between subframe and body. This reduced "pulling to the left" a lot.
Here is a picture of the alignment data before(upper) and after(below) at that time.
Upper data indicates this car goes to the left very obviously.Red is bad figure and Green is OK.

Alignment01.jpg

Then I got Rigid collars on my clio that reset above re-alignment but I dont feel I need re-aligning.
With these collars, my clio goes almost straight (very slightly pulling to the left) which shows they hold the subframe square to the body I think.

Dimensions !! I am sorry I dont have.
But if I have, I cant provide them because it is against the patent.

The above alignment looks like a printout from the "HUNTER 4 wheel alignment" systems we get here in the UK. I recommend if your experiencing pulling to the left you find a place local that has such a system. Peace of mind for the price of £40 before you start condeming the subframe!

@Masa. The Rigidcollar:EU website doesnt list Renault at all (http://www.rigidcollar.com/index.php/choose-by-vehicle.html). Do you know which manufacturer you selected for your Clio 200 collars?