Clio Meg RS320bhp conversion (update Meg Rad)

Trek out up London last night had my water at boiling point. I can see what you mean about those temps, I was up to about 96 with inlet temps double what they usually are.

Going to remove the sound proofing from the bonnet to help the situation a little.

Scary thing is, it didn't take long to get to those kind of temps either.

Think i'd personally prefer a scoop in. Would mean having to get a smaller battery and relocation of the header tank for me though. - Far too much work and expense.

I'll wait to see what Wilson comes up with :wink:

Trek out up London last night had my water at boiling point. I can see what you mean about those temps, I was up to about 96 with inlet temps double what they usually are.

Going to remove the sound proofing from the bonnet to help the situation a little.

Scary thing is, it didn't take long to get to those kind of temps either.

Told you, and can you imagine in July or August? Sound proofing does help but trust me won't resolve it. I've had this issue for a number of years and only just getting an understanding of it.

Told you, and can you imagine in July or August? Sound proofing does help but trust me won't resolve it. I've had this issue for a number of years and only just getting an understanding of it.
I would have hopefully sold my car by then so I'll let it be someone else's problem lol...

Definitely needs some sort of ventilation in there. Be interesting to see what that's like round the ring next month.

I would have hopefully sold my car by then so I'll let it be someone else's problem lol...

Definitely needs some sort of ventilation in there. Be interesting to see what that's like round the ring next month.

Lol. I recently stood in traffic for 1 hour plus and temps were fine but obviously this issue increases with higher ambient temps in the summer. The big issue is getting the heat then out the engine bay hence bonnet vents.
The other issue is whether a larger rad would solve it. The Meg rad is significant bigger so there's more water in the system.

Last edited:
Managed to find a donor turbo cheap so that will be being sent for some hybrid treatment later in the year. I hope we'll see over 330bhp....