Clio Meg RS320bhp conversion (update Meg Rad)

I'm good 90% of the time. It's the really hot summer days or standing in traffic for more than 45mins to an hour without moving when it's hot. On the move I've never had a problem bar a crap thermo at how fast a couple of years ago. Since then, no problems. The issue for me is expelling the heat from the engine bay. Some say they don't have that problem but equally, engines have let go too. There's been a couple of head gaskets also.
These might not be related to it but you don't know. I'm simply looking at it from what's the difference from in a megane. Engine bay is pretty tight on both but there is more room between rad and cooler. My cooler his huge but like I said, it's not on the move I'm having the issue. The rad on the Megane is bigger so maybe more water in the system? Not sure but when I put the heater on hot, temps drop immediately. Bonnet vents might help but they are a little cavvy if not done right.

Like I say no biggie most of the time but we all know, on the track, everything is magnified 10 fold.

I'm good 90% of the time. It's the really hot summer days or standing in traffic for more than 45mins to an hour without moving when it's hot. On the move I've never had a problem bar a crap thermo at how fast a couple of years ago. Since then, no problems. The issue for me is expelling the heat from the engine bay. Some say they don't have that problem but equally, engines have let go too. There's been a couple of head gaskets also.
These might not be related to it but you don't know. I'm simply looking at it from what's the difference from in a megane. Engine bay is pretty tight on both but there is more room between rad and cooler. My cooler his huge but like I said, it's not on the move I'm having the issue. The rad on the Megane is bigger so maybe more water in the system? Not sure but when I put the heater on hot, temps drop immediately. Bonnet vents might help but they are a little cavvy if not done right.

Like I say no biggie most of the time but we all know, on the track, everything is magnified 10 fold.

smaller intercoller, bigger alloy rad for starters and you wont have any issues what so ever :smile:

it was better with the bonnet up it was 265bhp on the rollers but intake air temperature was getting above 60 and shutting boost off so theres more power to be had if it was getting cooler air into it, ive got a alloy rad on mine and its only ever overheated when my relay for the fan decided to **** itself lol, i sit in traffic for 30 seconds and the fan kicks in straight away it did start to get a little hot on a 30 min session at snetterton but as soon as I coasted into the pits it cooled down but it was a boiling hot summers day!

it was better with the bonnet up it was 265bhp on the rollers but intake air temperature was getting above 60 and shutting boost off so theres more power to be had if it was getting cooler air into it, ive got a alloy rad on mine and its only ever overheated when my relay for the fan decided to **** itself lol, i sit in traffic for 30 seconds and the fan kicks in straight away it did start to get a little hot on a 30 min session at snetterton but as soon as I coasted into the pits it cooled down but it was a boiling hot summers day!

how big is your cooler? the only people ive known to have issues with heat, are people with the stupidly big coolers.
I had mine for 4 years with no issues, my cooler was alot smaller than you guys and i never ever had any heat issues

how big is your cooler? the only people ive known to have issues with heat, are people with the stupidly big coolers.
I had mine for 4 years with no issues, my cooler was alot smaller than you guys and i never ever had any heat issues

its stes cooler my problem is my air filter is at the back behind the water bottle and not getting enough cold air to it im going to run a cold air feed to it or try and relocate it behind one of the fog lights to try and solve it

its stes cooler my problem is my air filter is at the back behind the water bottle and not getting enough cold air to it im going to run a cold air feed to it or try and relocate it behind one of the fog lights to try and solve it
I thought the same. I get the car back at the weekend and going to have a look at a relocation of the header tank then maybe a bonnet scoop down to the feed like shakey did. Not ideal but if temps are that much of an issue I would rather just do it.

thats why paul wedged it in at the front, to stop it covering up the airfilter. There are loads of other ways you can go with this. just relocate the header tank, use a different header tank bottle..

I thought the same. I get the car back at the weekend and going to have a look at a relocation of the header tank then maybe a bonnet scoop down to the feed like shakey did. Not ideal but if temps are that much of an issue I would rather just do it.

Has yours been mapped now??

I think I will wait until my roll cage turns up and relocate my battery into the boot so theres extra room and then move header tank or get a different one, I thought about a bonnet scoop but I just thought it would look silly lol

thats why paul wedged it in at the front, to stop it covering up the airfilter. There are loads of other ways you can go with this. just relocate the header tank, use a different header tank bottle..
where did he put it at the front? in mine theres not enough room for it to get in original place

These conversions are all different, not a one size fits all. I've been to Ste's garage enough times to know this based on his experiences of different conversions. For example, Mr F ran the same IC as me but didn't appear to have any problems. I just want to say, I don't have heating issues as such, I'm talking extremes like really hot day, and in standing traffic for at least 45mins or even 1 hour on a very hot day not moving. That's it. On the move, not issues. It's all about getting the heat out the engine bay.

My bottle is pretty much in the standard place.

If you're sitting in traffic for 45 minutes you could just get out and pop the bonnet up for a few minutes and let it cool :skiing::-p

Only read this thread for tht first time today.... Savage car. Fair play!

These conversions are all different, not a one size fits all. I've been to Ste's garage enough times to know this based on his experiences of different conversions. For example, Mr F ran the same IC as me but didn't appear to have any problems. I just want to say, I don't have heating issues as such, I'm talking extremes like really hot day, and in standing traffic for at least 45mins or even 1 hour on a very hot day not moving. That's it. On the move, not issues. It's all about getting the heat out the engine bay.

My bottle is pretty much in the standard place.

225 engine and not 250 tho

225 engine and not 250 tho

Shouldn't make that much difference though. The block is the same and the only differences between the 250 and 230 are the head, turbo and boost pipe routing. I ran a 250 turbo and a ktec induction kit. The expansion tank at the rear like others and as Wilson points out the same intercooler.

It was running stupidly low inlet temps.

Lol. Theres only two things that have never completely been resolved and it's one of them. The other VVT. Both hopefully will be resolved before summer.