Clio 200 Milltek Exhaust in development

Fernandez

Gold Member
Just joined the Forum so Hi to everyone.

My Clio 200 is currently with Milltek Sports whilst they develop a new High Flow Cat and Cat Back system. I have been informed that progress is going well and I will have the car back on friday in time for the World Series, cant wait. The week so far without the Clio has been agonising but I know the wait will be worth it.

I should have some photos soon and will post them as they arrive and provide a full report on its performance and sound. Im expecting the gas flow to be much improved and with a more throaty aggressive sound but not chavy loud, more subtle than that.

Guessing there must be someone on her with a Milltek on the 197 so thoughts on that would be great. :thumbup:

http://www.millteksport.com

Met one of their lads at my local shell garage, got talking and he put me in touch with Charlie, the rest is history. they have a 250 going in pretty soon too.

I dont think this whole milltek thread is fair.... i for one have had no probs with them on 2 vehicles now, and even someone in the miltek thread jumped on the bandwagon saying they are ****e, then further in the thread openly admits that he had no problem with his item. I would bet a fiver on half the problems encountered on the 197 milltek being down to owners getting sub standard installations for £30 and fitting 2nd hand items instead of a proper lengthy install avoiding cutting corners and just accepting that the pipes wont line up so it dont matter how much you heat it up and bend it all you are doing is stressing the joints!!! Grrr

I hope to the OP he is happy with his end product.

Picked up the Clio this afternoon complete with new Milltek Exhaust and Decat Pipe.

On first inspection the quality of the materials is first rate, the welding is very impressive, overall a quality piece of pipework.

The construction of the pipe has altered from the 197 to ease fitment and has all new back boxes too.

When pushing that magic black button , the sound from the exhaust is noticably different, much deeper, more throat and a few burbles, when warmed up and on the road the sound really comes alive, this is how a Renaultsport should sound, as you climb up the revs the note is incredible. I have not experienced any flat spots at all, much more the oporsite with improved throttle response low down in the revs.

Crusing in 4th at around 3k is awesome, you can feel the rummble and the car hums like a Stealth Bomber. On over run it doesnt pop or bang like a VXR but it has a nice burble and at the traffic lights its quiet as a mouse.

On first impressions I am over the moon with it. I drove back from Derby with the standard air filter, but changed to the ITG, only a slight change in engine note, just a little bit louder.

Will give it a good run down to World Series on Saturday Night and really test it.

Will have some photos next week to post.

The long awaitied film is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5-W0RYY9Rg

Sorry it took so long, business is busy and no time to play, Reved the nuts of it for you, gonna get some in car footage so will get that up this week too.

I make no apology for the state of cleanleness, if it aint dirty it hasnt been used propley and this dirt is fresh that day from a trip though Port Talbot in Wales, found some excellent roads through fforest far ended up near wrexam, up past Telford and over to Sheffield.

I was informed by Charlie at Milltek that the zorst will be for sale this month, price as yet unconfirmed but shouldt be too far off the 197 prices. There are subtle differences between the 200 back boxes to aid fitment but this shouldnt change the price too much

Subtle differences? Like they've sawn off the tips from a 197 exhaust perhaps? Piper did the right thing and just made the tips interchangeable. One size fits all!

Miltek are vvery good exhausts. I can't understand why people are slating them on this forum. Every miltek exhaust I have come across has sound mint.

Not too loud but just a nice purr and the build quality is immense. The are fully manufactured in the uk so that quality is not an issue.

The car sounds mint on the video posted matey.

I shall be getting a miltek when my 197 arrives sometime this winter.

Don't get me wrong mate, I do like a good milltek, ive had loads but there have been a lot of quality issue due to cracking and splitting etc.

One word for this :clap: NICE :clap:

I still doubt between milltek and akrapovic. In Belgium you cannot by the motor vehicle inspection with those milltek. The price of milltek is as much as half cheaper.