Clio 200 - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If car was going be sat in garage all time and come out for just track days, odd drive and time Attack Id gone with a gripper diff but with me using it everyday the quaife was a no brainier really, Mantence free and there will be a noticeable improvement.In how car drives, especially on the bends. In conjunction with better geo set up should be good combo. also for price I really couldn't say no.

I drive the clio without the traction control off anyway on track as its pain in ass!

Last edited:
Traction control on on track sucks it's always trying to grab brakes mid way round fast corners and t ****s you up.
much better without get the car gently sliding about.

depends on the track really, on fast tracks i never felt that TC is holding me back. Any time I lost grip the way that TC had to step in i was doing sth wrong and loosing time. At fast laps traction control never interrupted me and to be honest I was doing times just slightly slower (1:55 vs 1:49-50) then average racing driver (from Clio Cup Bohemia) in his clio Cup Racer X85 on slicks (while I was in a road car on Federal 595 RSR with AST 5100 with no engine mods and carrying more weight) - I should be close to his time with this year's preparation (complete Clio Cup mechanics swap to a road shell - but without SADEV). Slicks alone should close the gap to 2 - 3 second maybe.
Although I agree on the road or through tight bends on slower tracks TC can be annoying

Last edited:
I had it kick in round Cadwell, ended up having right side ways moment. Also it kicks in when trying to trail brake I found, that was round oulton, soon as switched it off car was behaving.

The EBD keeps me alive at Anglesey. Anybody who's really pushed their luck braking for Rocket, up the hill, will have some idea of what I'm eluding to. But yeah, generally agree regarding trail braking, sometimes I actually want to unstick the car on the way in to a corner but the electronics won't let me. But in the context of enjoying a trackday I don't find the TCS or EBD too offensive.

I had it kick in round Cadwell, ended up having right side ways moment. Also it kicks in when trying to trail brake I found, that was round oulton, soon as switched it off car was behaving.

Repiled bud.

Bit update - cars going in saturday for diff to be fitted along with new clutch kit aswell. Thanks to [MENTION=50755]PAUL JA[/MENTION] for sorting it out well been away. Don't want leave it last mintue again.

Can't wait to drive it after to see how she drives with it in. Defo have book a trackday , good excuse ha

Sadly pagid pads pads haven't gone in as of yet. Had a issue with ones that were sent out so
hoepfully pagid will sort it out quickly!

RS29 pads are awesome, simply awesome, expensive but you get what you pay for.

Let us know how the car feels with the diff as I'm about to fit the one Stuart ditched [MENTION=51000]Palmer[/MENTION] :wink: General consensus is that it doesn't work miracles (so people who expect it to pull the front end when being super aggressive with the throttle will be disappointed) but it's an overall improvement nevertheless. btw will you stick to 75w-80 gearbox oil or 75w-90? Oilman recommends 75w-90 when fitting an LSD apparently so I got myself 2l of ester synthetic to treat my lovely box:smile:
[MENTION=4111]jacool[/MENTION] did the car really feel sluggish after fitting the quaife? This is really interesting input, I've never heard that before from members who had it fitted...

@jacool did the car really feel sluggish after fitting the quaife? This is really interesting input, I've never heard that before from members who had it fitted...
I was under such impression when i got my car back after it sat about a month (syncro failure, clutch replacement, fitting quaife, hub ball joints replacement and so on). On the other hand Quaife is about 2 kg heavier then stock diff (if my memory serves me) so if it can be actually felt is debatable. One way or another being it a rotational mass i felt the car climbs through the revs a bit slower then before. Got used to it and soon after i threw all the interior out to "compensate" additional 2kg with a vengeance[FONT=arial, sans-serif][/FONT]:biggrin:

RS29 pads are awesome, simply awesome, expensive but you get what you pay for.

General consensus is that it doesn't work miracles (so people who expect it to pull the front end when being super aggressive with the throttle will be disappointed) but it's an overall improvement nevertheless.

He speaks the truth. I had a Quaife in my 106 and it was the most overate item by far. Not aggressive enough.
Now the only other diff'd car I've driven is a DC5 but that was much nicer and no question you could really feel it. However I expect many will have only driven the Quaife they slap in there own car and thus pro claim they are awesome.
I'd only stick a Quaife in mine if the box has to come apart for syncro's, I'm not paying good money for the diff and labour to have it installed on it's own. Ideally someone needs to get onto Wavetrac and get them to do a TL diff, seem like a good option with many reports saying they are fit and forget but more aggressive than Quaife.

Quaife diffs aren't the ideal diff for motorsport, they are a compromise. A plate diff is what you see in motorsport but you use one of those and you'll be snapping drive shafts in car parks as they slip so much then they start to lock. They don't unlock until they can slip the other way. They are best suited to rwd cars anyway. Plate diffs also need regular maintenance. Quaife diffs are very good for what they are.

The pagid pad is fantastic. Like say not cheap but defo get what pay for. Soon as use them especially on track the thought of the price tag is easily forgotten. I've used them
in the my previous focus rs's and I know a lot other people have switched to them , without looking back! End day brakes and tyres are most improventmeant bit, so never skip on these items.

im not expecting miracles, end day it's finding a nice balance that can enjoy on and off track. I'm 100% confident the car will show a improvement with the diff in. Ok might not be good as a gripper diff but for me I don't want the gripper hassle and with quaiffe the car will still be and be even more competitive :smile:

Ill be gettig more benefit doing this than going down cams route imo

Last edited:
Definitely better than cams. In fact, everything is better than cams on our engine lol!
As I said, if you know what to expect you can't be disappointed with the quaife, it will be an improvement and as far as I'm quoted it is not that expensive to fit either. £250 all in, not bad I guess.

I was under such impression when i got my car back after it sat about a month (syncro failure, clutch replacement, fitting quaife, hub ball joints replacement and so on). On the other hand Quaife is about 2 kg heavier then stock diff (if my memory serves me) so if it can be actually felt is debatable. One way or another being it a rotational mass i felt the car climbs through the revs a bit slower then before. Got used to it and soon after i threw all the interior out to "compensate" additional 2kg with a vengeance[FONT=arial, sans-serif][/FONT][emoji3]
Very very interesting input that, thanks for sharing. I'm now inclined to fit a lighter flywheel to compensate :smile:)

The diff makes a massive difference you have to learn to get on the power much earlier and get it pulling you round the corner plus you can tighten your line add more throttle.

Box is out and now ready to stripped down to get the diff fitted :smiley: !

11010630_1135125493180222_252541590075715797_n.jpg

Been awhile. 1st time sat on computer!

Diffs been in over week now. Car defo benefits from it. Really does help you round certain bends. Roundabouts are fun !! lol Only thing have noticed is car likes to follow the camber and contours of the road. Anyone notice this with theirs?

some this could be down to camber and GEO aswell though too. We have increased the front camber, gave it some more toe out at front and had the rear shimmed to give extra camber on the back. All suited more to much smoother roads now imo.

Finally heard back from pagid today, Pagid have done new batch of pads so hopefully they will be here next week so can get them, fitted and bedded in.

Just considering ordering some more tyres for front in 225's to give me abit more tyre width... unsure

10610547_1135777093115062_8735407291899899295_n.jpg

11350542_1135777156448389_5204798966602301869_n.jpg

11262236_1135777173115054_8003666046745613239_n.jpg

11351446_1141790142513757_8553899609582501500_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tombate911
Status
Not open for further replies.