Clio 197 Vs Honda S2000

Coming back home i spotted a 2000 and followed him. It turned out he was taking the same b-road (very slipery) i'm taking so i decided to play with him a little bit. The result was him not being able to pull off me not even for a single moment and fighting with hilarious oversteer. I on the other hand was totally on control and never pushed that hard, i was just having a good rythm.

197 wins everytime on the twisties. :thumbup:

Awesome stuff! One of the many benefits of N.Wales. Roads are all twisteis in the valley, 197 is pretty much untouchable on these roads!

Would have destroyed u on the straights lol, and keep in mind it's always easier to follow someone and copy their commitment, entry speed and braking points than be the brave sod out in front.

Nice run though :smile:

Would have destroyed u on the straights lol, and keep in mind it's always easier to follow someone and copy their commitment, entry speed and braking points than be the brave sod out in front.

how very true :thumbup1:

the thing is whos to say he wasnt enjoying himself showboating in oversteer slides - he could have been thinking "this is how you have fun"

Was in a track day today and I could keep up with an S2000 easy. Regardless, I would take an S2000 over the Clio any day of the week, AMAZING car.

Id disagree with the first statement, the S2000 is quicker is a straight line but not by that much. A friend of mine had one and while its was quicker it wasnt much.

Having said that I say it handles better lol the S2000 is an awesome piece of kit with a change of direction that puts the 197 to shame and that saying sumin

Id disagree with the first statement, the S2000 is quicker is a straight line but not by that much. A friend of mine had one and while its was quicker it wasnt much.

Having said that I say it handles better lol the S2000 is an awesome piece of kit with a change of direction that puts the 197 to shame and that saying sumin

s2000 has about 34bhp+ over the 197..........so it should really dampen its bonfire :confused1:

They don't. Slightly qucker.

Was in a track day today and I could keep up with an S2000 easy. Regardless, I would take an S2000 over the Clio any day of the week, AMAZING car.

Correct.

My good friend has an S2K.
We both went out on Brands together and I was literally hanging off his rear bumper on the corners, on the straights it pulled away. Looking at lap times my 197 was marginally quicker because of the speed which can be carried through the corners and onto the straights.

Facts:

After the corners there is a long straight so we went for it, Until i changed to fourth i was right behind him and then he started to pull away quite easily..

As for the slides,he wasn't sliding because he wanted to,he was trying to get a better corner exit but at these slippery roads it was impossible.

At a total of 10 corners and 30 seconds distance, our difference in pace would have been around 5 seconds if not more,so it is not a matter of following/leading,the difference was massive..

Sure It might not be the best quickest out there but DAMN when VTEC kicks in it sounds like the wrath of God almighty and it's sharp as a knife. Pretty sure I'm gonna buy one in 6 months or so.

Last edited: