CLIO 197 CUP - Project TF

Saturday Shenanigans:

So this Saturday has been very car oriented (as per usual I suppose). Started the day attending the Steel City Porsche Cars and coffee at Porsche Sheff.

Good turn out as per! Though this eg was definitely my highlight!

9F9413C5-C6A5-4A93-96D7-784194E0CE6D.jpeg

Always wanted one of these. Best looking civic shape in my humble opinion! Spoke to the owner and the B18 revs to 9.5k with a capability to go to 11 if he wanted.

After that it was a garage day with @greenrocketdude working on both our cars In preparation for Blyton in a couple of weeks.

First job was a new OMP wheel for me.

654B9746-A4C2-4F57-B191-22EC7A62B59E.jpeg

Fairly straight forward job to do that I think most active members of the forum have done so won’t bother with a write up fully of doing the swap but will say putting the standard wheel through 180 degrees so the air bag release mech is facing upwards makes the job far easier.

4C6EC037-3F1D-40F3-9E69-7C9FE2D9CBA5.jpeg

That’s the wheel fitted. Need to tidy up the wiring and sort the horn but very happy. After a little test drive it feels miles better than the dinging of the standard wheel.

I’ve also got a wheeler motorsport wheel lowering kit to go on but being blunt I couldn’t be arsed with the faf today so that will be done next weekend.

We also serviced both cars inclusive of gearbox oil changes! 722C95CA-C6CF-4280-89C4-7A31E0A7CCA3.jpeg

Here’s the patented (bodged) gear box oil filler we came up with!

We even had a visit from my mates dog! So all in all the days been a winner.

32A71399-5F39-429E-A810-7AEF064EE453.jpeg

Last edited:
I remember doing that, f**k me that was a pain to do. Maybe doing it with the drivers seat out might give you more room to lie down rather than trying to hang from weird angles in the car
That sounds like the exact faf I wanted to avoid then ahah.

Do you have any photos taken during the install?