CLIO 197 CUP - Project TF

This might be a silly think to point out but please tell me they’re going back to finish those welds?

DBE86DEC-0FA0-4EA8-9CF2-20C8ED14A397.jpeg

Clio cage and interior is pretty much done.

Is it perfect? The cage is fine but painting wise I’ll be honest no it’s not. Am I happy with it? Not 100% but it can be worked back to something I can be semi happy with.

Plan is to tidy it up for now and get some trackdays do as is then get a body shop to do to give it a once over.

In hindsight I wish I just got an off the shelf cage that I didn’t have muck about painting.

Harnesses will be going in this weekend too providing my old foe K-Tec can actually deliver in the lead time they quoted. If not I’ll be borrowing off a friend.

done a better job at it than I prob could’ve managed.

Hindsight is always a bitch, but I’m sure the provisions you put in place for future proofing to change it to a full cage would be better than trying to adjust a pre painted bolt in.

Reactions: Tarticmonkey
Thanks @Beany I appreciate that; I'll be open and honest I've been very flattering with the photo I have uploaded here. I always have this deluded arrogance that I can turn my hand to anything and be perfect. I then get frustrated when it doesn't come out perfect first time! The cage is the first thing that I've painted that wasn't with either hammarite or water colours in school.

My plan is to do a before and after comparison on some of the worse areas when I get chance to work on them over the weekend.