claybars my new best friend

Well that was the first time ive ever clayed the cup and my god what a fantastic product the stuffs my new best friend ive never seen the car so clean

Nice one mate! Takes along time to do properly but is well worth it once it's done and finished a good polish and wax!

Which one did you use? I always found the mequiars quick clay a good clay to use on my old saxo but didn't get on with it when i got the Clio for some reason, got some vertar medium grade now and it's very good indeed!

Goods not the word lol. Used meguiars and i felt it really took to the paint work had to roll it and flaten it out alot. Think thats just cause it was so dirty lol how often should you use it

Yes as Roy said twice a year if it's a mild clay, depending on how many miles you do/where you keep the car etc.

twice a year just aswell i asked lol i was gonna do it once a month
dont forget it strips everything of waxs and all so you would have to re-wax monthly
clay it say oct b4 winter then april b4 summer that what i do anyway
(or in my case get Curly to do it lol)

I did my car with the Megs yesterday, Works a treat, Second time iv done it this year and the contaminants it took out the paint work was unreal and i only clayed it in December.

Remember always wash the car after claying aswel!

How did you wax it after claying?!! It should leave the panels all streaky from the clay & lube......you did use a lubricant didn't you?!

Last edited:
yea i used lube lol and as soon as i was finished each little bit i dried it and once i had finished the entire car i then waxed it and theres no streaks infact its never been cleaner looking

As said, defo wash it, as you want the cleanest surface for the wax to be on. I use klasse AIO by hand to clean all polish residue of the panels before waxing/sealing.

Claying is a great process, and really gets the crap of your paint, that normal washing won't touch!

oh no lol im gonna go back out to this car and its gonna look like a bloody dogs dinner lol i watched the how to video on the meguiars website and those tadgers didnt say wash it again. Bloody hate how to videos they only give u a half a story lol

Yep, time to start over. :smiley:

Make sure you do use plenty of lube too or clay will soon become your worse enemy when it scratches the bodywork to bits.

That's a much better approach then not using enough. I've seen a few cars with horrific clay related injuries.

If you polish between claying and waxing then you'll really be hooked by the detailing bug when you see the shiiiiine!!! :smile: