Choices of OZ wheels

Hey,

I'm looking into getting some OZ wheels for the 200, but can't quite make up my mind :001_unsure:

Two things... Firstly, I can't decide between the Alleggerita HLT's or the Ultraleggera's.

wvzo89.jpg

or...

a4ppaq.gif

I think the Ultra's look better. I've seen only one car with the Allegg's fitted, and they looked a bit, ermm, small? :huh: In 8jx17, the Ultra's weigh 7.75 kg and the Allegg's weigh 7.00kg. So there not a huge difference there. I'd say I'm swaying toward the Ultra's TBH.

Second thing... I can't decide whether to go 8j and ET55, or, 7.5j and ET45. The latter is a cheaper option, and will also weigh a little less. From a stance / visual point of view, would the two setups look identical?

Thank you! :hug1:

Toad, the two setups will look a bit different as the offset of the OZ wheels are more aggressive, however if you're looking for a cheaper alternative for a stance/visual view point, get yourself some wheel spacers.

I want the wheels, so not going down the spacer route :smile:

Not sure I follow with regard to your first point. Just a finger in the air, I would have thought the two different setups would have a similar absolute ET.

With both the 8" and 7.5" you can use the standard tyre size 215/45R17 so that cost isnt an issue.

imo the Ultraleggra is a better looking wheel but I also like the more focused look of the alleg's.

The Alleg's will stick out 10mm farther than the Ultra's.

http://www.rimsntires.com/rt_specs.jsp

Are you sure on that? Does that mean then that the increased width of the 8j wheel ONLY increases inwards from the hub as opposed to both ways? I was assuming that the extra half an inch in width would make the wheel stick out more, hence using 7.5j could use the extra offset to make it 'poke out' more. Follow? The difference between 8j et55 and 8j et45 is 10mm, but doesn't changing the actual wheel width affect the amount the wheel 'pokes out' also?

Last edited:
Are you sure on that? Does that mean then that the increased width of the 8j wheel ONLY increases inwards from the hub as opposed to both ways? I was assuming that the extra half an inch in width would make the wheel stick out more, hence using 7.5j could use the extra offset to make it 'poke out' more. Follow? The difference between 8j et55 and 8j et45 is 10mm, but doesn't changing the actual wheel width affect the amount the wheel 'pokes out' also?

Have a play around on the link I gave you.

If you had a 17x8 wheel et55 and a 17x7.5 wheel at et55 they would 'poke out' differently.

The Ultraleggera is the better looking wheel. The Altra looks smaller than it is when on the car. Someone on here has them (I think) and they did look too small.

team dynamics do the pro race 1.2s in the same size as standard 17x7.5

You've confused me now :lol:

the 17x7.5 ET45 wheel will poke out 10mm further than the 17x8 ET55

Isnt that what Ive wrote in the first place ? :s

It is what you wrote, but it doesn't add up. I'll try to explain why... Hehe. The 17x7.5 ET45 wheel will poke out 10mm further than the 17x7.5 ET55. My question is, wouldn't the rim which is half an inch wider poke out more with the same ET? Hence, there's isn't 10mm difference between 17x7.5 ET45 and 17x8 ET55.

the offsets are measured from the centre of the wheel so i would say that an 8" ET45 would poke out more than a 7.5"ET45 for example.

the aditional 0.5" width of the 8" is divided by both sides of the rim so its actually 6mm wider from the centreline of the wheel. so for am 8" wheel 6mm is your gain sticking out.

when i looked into UL's for my car the lad showed me the OZ fitment guide and for the clio and the recomended size is 8" ET55. they dont do that high an offset in the 7.5" so a ET557.5 isn't available anyway.

the team dynamics look a decent wheel. theyre a bit heavier than OZ but lighter than standard but they dont do an offset as high as the OZ so stick out quite a bit

also im pretty sure the matt graphite isnt available in that offset

its only available in matt black or white i think. i wanted the graphite ones

the offsets are measured from the centre of the wheel so i would say that an 8" ET45 would poke out more than a 7.5"ET45 for example.

the aditional 0.5" width of the 8" is divided by both sides of the rim so its actually 6mm wider from the centreline of the wheel. so for am 8" wheel 6mm is your gain sticking out.

when i looked into UL's for my car the lad showed me the OZ fitment guide and for the clio and the recomended size is 8" ET55. they dont do that high an offset in the 7.5" so a ET557.5 isn't available anyway.

the team dynamics look a decent wheel. theyre a bit heavier than OZ but lighter than standard but they dont do an offset as high as the OZ so stick out quite a bit

Thanks for your reply. That rings true, as I would imagine, the increased rim width increases the out the wheel pokes out, and also inwards. It's just a case of divding the difference by 2, like you've stated. Thanks very much :smile:

So just to add, 8jx17, ET55 will stick out about 16mm more than the standard 7.5jx17, ET65.

ive got et45 on a 7.5" on my pro race, et55 on a 8" will be about 4mm inwards as you will gain about 6mm due to the extra 0.5" but will be taking 10mm off the offset.(thats comapred to et45 17x7.5) it would be like having 19mm spacer on the standard speedline wheels). Pro race are 8.4kg a wheel and over half the price of the ultraleggras.

Thanks for the reply ryan.

Anyone here have any issues with rubbing on full lock? If I could get away with it, I might got for the 7.5jx17, ET45 (as opposed to the 8jx17, ET55) for a slightly beefier look. Hehe.

Similar Thread Suggestions