Cheaper vibratechnics engine mounts

You right pal if you buy all 3 together with the discount code or the main engine mount with the code but spoox are still a lot cheaper for the gearbox mount and the dogbone mount separate .

Last edited:
Please note the hardware included with them is poor quality, few people have broken bolts and I run a different bolt on the top engine mount and the original large nut on the gearbox:
Vibratechnics gearbox nut:
486128_632918616735064_994885977_n.jpg

-Andy

Please note the hardware included with them is poor quality, few people have broken bolts and I run a different bolt on the top engine mount and the original large nut on the gearbox:

-Andy

Never seen a nut strip so cleanly, quality on par with Ikea flat pack furniture and not what you'd expect from a piece of 'performance' hardware....

-Andy

How in gods name have you managed that? I've fitted dozens of sets of Vibratechnics mounts and not a single one has had an issue like that, or even anything slightly similar

How in gods name have you managed that? I've fitted dozens of sets of Vibratechnics mounts and not a single one has had an issue like that, or even anything slightly similar

tightening up and heard a "click" and then no torque, wound it back and this is the result, probably broke around 50Nm!

Another guy sheared the cap head before torquing out..

Just to bump this thread back up.
I've bought the fast road engine mount for my 200.

1b197a206eac7913905eb8162695bf26_zps8173c722.gif

what's the adjustable bolt for? I'm a little confused.

And it's a direct fit etc?

Gez

I would have thought it would be better to replace all 3 OEM mounts with the uprated ones rather than just one. With just 1 stronger mount I would presume the other 2 OEM ones will be under more stress.

My car has the 3 and on a test run there was a lot of vibration when at idle although I've been told that it will settle a little once they are bed in.

I would have thought it would be better to replace all 3 OEM mounts with the uprated ones rather than just one. With just 1 stronger mount I would presume the other 2 OEM ones will be under more stress.

My car has the 3 and on a test run there was a lot of vibration when at idle although I've been told that it will settle a little once they are bed in.

if your going to do just one then you do the lower one to prevent excessive engine shunt...

Is there any difference between the Vibratechnics and Ktec mounts? Looks like there's some subtle differences in the designs, is one better than the other?

Last edited: