Cheaper Modifications

CallorFold

Platinum Member
So I cant bring myself just yet to spend £800 on an Exhaust and re-map as much as I'd like to, it just seems like too much outlay all at once.

I quite enjoy doing little bits here and there, and am a big fan of "OEM+" type mods.

So far I've done bits like;
- Wind Deflectors
- Powerflex Mounts
- Aluminium foot rest
- Panel Filter (on order, not yet fitted)

What other bits can be done - obviously there's a huge modification list when it comes to cars, but what stands out as the main ones? Anything I can do to improve performance or appearance without (spending more than £100-200)?

I've looked through some progress threads for inspiration, but other than lowering and spacers, I'm struggling to find anything that catches my eye :smiley:

I fitted a cheapo Bluetooth/iPod lead to mine.

£14 with of iPod lead and a £5 Bluetooth adaptor lets me stream music... Sadly it doesn't support calls.

Could always cut your springs :blush:

wrap or spray the center console..paint you calipers..get some brake pads..etc..

So I cant bring myself just yet to spend £800 on an Exhaust and re-map as much as I'd like to, it just seems like too much outlay all at once.

I quite enjoy doing little bits here and there, and am a big fan of "OEM+" type mods.

So far I've done bits like;
- Wind Deflectors
- Powerflex Mounts
- Aluminium foot rest
- Panel Filter (on order, not yet fitted)

What other bits can be done - obviously there's a huge modification list when it comes to cars, but what stands out as the main ones? Anything I can do to improve performance or appearance without (spending more than £100-200)?

I've looked through some progress threads for inspiration, but other than lowering and spacers, I'm struggling to find anything that catches my eye :smiley:

I'm literally trying to sell mine so if you want to cancel your order, check out my sales topic and it's far cheaper. It's practically new too.

I fitted a cheapo Bluetooth/iPod lead to mine.

£14 with of iPod lead and a £5 Bluetooth adaptor lets me stream music... Sadly it doesn't support calls.

Could always cut your springs :blush:

I've already installed the AUX Lead :smile: back of the headunit via the glovebox

Good shout.

Tyres, brakes and a service is all you really need

Yeah I've had the gearbox oil done and I've got 2 new Eagle F1's on the front - rears (currently ContiSport 5's) will also next replacing with F1's in the coming months

wrap or spray the center console..paint you calipers..get some brake pads..etc..

This seems like a good idea, mine does have a few scuff marks - might be nice to refresh it and add the RenaultSport sticker on the glovebox trim strip

I'm literally trying to sell mine so if you want to cancel your order, check out my sales topic and it's far cheaper. It's practically new too.

It got dispatched this morning! Only paying £31 (Pipercross Filter) delivered anyway so not the end of the world :smile:

Snap!
£5ish extra for a Bluetooth adaptor and it solves the iPhone 5 onwards problem

whats the Bluetooth adaptor? Stream music over Bluetooth? Got a link?
can you still connect to car blue tooth at the same time for calls? Or only one or the other?