A Lesson - eBay is not always cheaper

J90RDN

Paid Member
Everyone assumes eBay is the cheapest place to source parts, and that stealers (I know that phrase doesn't help) will always be the most expensive. On the whole that may be a true statement, but it's always best to check your local Renault dealer first, especially for smaller parts. I last week needed a battery clamp and today a centre exhaust hanger/bracket.
Battery clamp - eBay = £7.50 2nd hand, £13 new, dealer = £7
Exhaust bracket - eBay = £16.98 delivered, dealer = £10.16

If you build up a rapport with them then don't be afraid to ask for discount - they will normally happily give 10% if they take an interest in what you are doing or if you mention you are part of a club.

I know some if not most will already know this, but hopefully it will help out a few and they will save some money :sunglasses:

Fair point. I'd never really consider a dealer for small parts like that. This coming from someone who tends to use ebay a fair bit. Then again - the savings above are quite substantial.

The flip-side is off course; i can hit the button on ebay - wait - and it arrives through my letterbox in 1 or 2 days.

No sitting in traffic. No going out of my way or making a special journey. No parking fees. No waiting for stuff to come into stock.

Theres alot to be said for that too..... :smile:

Reactions: kevlar
Never assume ebay is cheaper! - ebay makes me laugh I use it a lot the amount of times I have listed with a BIN price, no ones bought it - I then relisted with a .99 start price..the auction then end above my BIN price originally...gotta love ebay.

Never assume ebay is cheaper! - ebay makes me laugh I use it a lot the amount of times I have listed with a BIN price, no ones bought it - I then relisted with a .99 start price..the auction then end above my BIN price originally...gotta love ebay.

It's the lure of the auction - people will get in a bidding war over any old tat, just because they don't want to lose to some chump from the other side of the country :smile:

I realise how that must have come across, however it absolutely wasn't directed personally, Kev. I apologise if I've caused any offence, it was meant in humour.

As was mine, just made me laugh 'Old tat'...'chump' glorious use of words!

Sums up ebay to perfection...

Reactions: Jimmy
Well after Greenlightgate , I wanted to clear the air :wink:
e1b49ba09c6822e80e1b3429ad3b249b_incredible-hulk-meme-bill-incredible-hulk-memes_310-234.jpeg

Reactions: Jimmy