Center Box Replacement with straight pipe - Birmingham Area - **Vid!!!**

Done :smile:
It took 20 mins and cost £30!

bqeo.jpg

It sounds much better, but flat spot is realy pain now. Will remap sort it out? Has any one done it?

Garage at Royston if you want to I can ask for phone number

Looks good.
I don't suppose you know what the inner diameter of the pipe is that went in do you?

If not have you got the garages number so I can give them a call.

Is 60.5mm mate
Going for remap to 519 Automotive. Are they good? Does anyone have any experience with them?

No probs, just got to be sure they are good before I'll go there.
btw phone no for the garage 08454000555- Royston.

Ill defo be getting this done! The flat spot situation is bugging me already so I'm going to hav a look around to see how much a custom remap is.

I've heard RapidRemep are good..anybody used them in the past?

Ill start looking for a garage around Cov on my next day off

:smiley:

Found a guy in cov that can do it. I'm there on Thursday. Flat spot issue is still bugging me but I've got one last question.

What's the sound like around motorway speeds. A lot of you have said its like normal but atm mine VERY quiet tbh with the standard set up. I don't mind a bit of noise but I don't want ear ache after a 2 hour drive to London ...

Tamz

I chickened out - I spoke to the guys that cover the warranty on my car and they said any modifications would count it void - so I'm just going to wait till it runs out!

Dam you extended warranty!

Tamz

Strictly speaking thats not entirely true.. for example on the Renault warranty if you change the exhaust them the warranty is void only for the exhaust. If your engine blew up, drop a valve, broke a gearbox or a suspension strut failed then they can't realistically blame it on an exhaust.

I did argue that but they were just being a pain. In the end I spent the money on fixing up my grandad's car as he wants to sell it.

Ill now be saving up for a remap so I can have that done once the centre box is out.

Tamz

Undecided wether to do this. Is the flat spot much worse than the one gained with the decat? I rarely notice a flat spot on my decatted 200.