CDTi Vaux Insignia

nope. Used to be... eclipedeatailing. My dad had the astra 888 T8 VPC. Awsome car that!!! Why I went for a clio I think as it's like a smaller version of the 888 :smile:

We've met then, many years ago at 888, I think. You were only about 15 at the time. Yer dad's was a black one, wasn't it?

We've met then, many years ago at 888, I think. You were only about 15 at the time. Yer dad's was a black one, wasn't it?

haha I may well of been! 19 now lol. What astra did you have? I may remember..

Yeah black one only ever done 8,000 miles when it was sold! done 200 miles between it's first and second mot! lol

I had a Silver Lightning 120 that ended up with the EDS remap with sport button control like the 888. Had one of Andrew's tuning boxes on there at first, but it only did 166 with that on.

Don't remember :-/ the 200bhp of the 888 was nice though! Is the Clio quicker than the astra even with 200bhp?

Have to meet up once I get my Clio :smile:

I'd say it is quicker off the line, but rolling... possibly not. It's a car you really need to be in the right gear in and it'll take some getting used to after all the diesel's torque. It is more about the bendy bits and that's where you'll leave the Vauxhall tractors trailing in the distance!

One problem with meeting up: I've just bought a VW Golf!

Last edited:
Ah yeah I don't think much can really beat the diesels once they are rolling!! I look forward to really getting it going in the corners!! :smiley:

haha oh right how comes?

Needed summat a little bigger, plus just fancied a change after 2 years. Tis a young man's car and I'm not young!

The missus was always screaming at me to slow down, but the Clio's a bit humdrum if you're not in maximum attack mode! Got meself a rolly in the corners Golf so I'll have to take it easy now. She better be happy now! lol

The missus was always screaming at me to slow down, but the Clio's a bit humdrum if you're not in maximum attack mode! Got meself a rolly in the corners Golf so I'll have to take it easy now. She better be happy now! lol

She'll never be happy :wink: Women will never be happy!!! lol

im crying for you simon

No need, matey. I fancied a change anyway after having the Clio for 2 years.

It was a long, hard decision as to what car to get next as the Reno is sooo good. The new car most definitely does not corner anything like the 197, but hardly anything does. I could definitely feel the extra weight in the bends! The Golf has much more torque, though, and it'll be nice to be able to overtake without changing down 3 gears and it sounds awesome.

1 more day to go, then go to collect it on Thursday morning. Will be a bittersweet day mefinks, but hey ho, the deal is dealt! 8)