Cazan Racing 330mm brake disks + Ferodo DS1.11 = ruined pads

ive used ds300s in mine and now got ds2500 and my discs are fine just have a raised line in the centre of discs looks like its scored all the way round when you look at it, when my discs are knackered I will just put the standard brembo discs back on as I don't think theres no majour difference in them as the brakes are already really good with the right pads

I know it oldish post

but some mentioned they had a rotational noise under braking well running j hooks?

Mines started doing it now , with pad swap. Been told it's trapped air in the hooks and its like a whistling noise?

To me think just harder pad catching the j hook and just causing it to be noisy. What pads were lads using that had same issue?

Last edited:
Yes mine sound like a bunch of aggrieved crickets, or perhaps a mildy perturbed frog.

So I did a fair amount of searching on this issue and found the GTROC was the best resource. Clicking, Crickets and Frogs have all been used in reference over on the GTR site to explain the noise, so I conclude it is pretty normal for J hooks and I assume with harder pads especially.

They guy said was normal , just kick the pads head in and use them lol. Just make sure j hooks don't clog up. Just pain there is a noise. Makes sound like issue with the car

ive always had AP grooved discs when using the harder pads and never experienced it before.

Last edited:
It's a unique noise to J hooks, I've also had grooved discs before without issue. Yes it sounds **** doesn't it and it doesn't get better, if anything worse. At least someone else knows I wasn't moaning for no reason now!