catalytic converter broke

for the last week i have had a few problems with the clio its been kangarooing when im driving and ive had problems starting it to. So i droped it off too renault today and they rang me back to give me an update of what they had found and they said its my catalytic converter broken wich could cause all kinds off problems so she said we can replace it for £780 fitted what would you guys do ive got a miltek de-cat on the car aswell so if any 1 has any ideas it would be much appreciated thanks .j

Last edited:
thats what i was thinking unless theres 2 because i looked under the car when my mate was fittining it and ther was some other looking thing??? to tell you the truth i dont think the renault garage i take it to have a clue what there doing

Well I just had mine in garage with the toxic fume light cos of being jumpy and it was the coils on cylinders 1 n 4

chances are that allthe renault dealers have done is put it on the diagnostic and it has showed high emisions which they think is the cat thats had it without even looking under the car.

i think there is 2 its the 1st thats gone nearest to the engine and i thought it might be the coils its when i slow down and go to pull off again it jumps like its going to stall

thats a good shout jase so what would you suggest? they want £75 for having a look at it my mates head machanic at vauxhall i mite get him to have a look at the cat and i mite try changing the coils to see if that helps the jumping problem.

take it to anywhere that does mot's and ask them just to check the emisions.
it should still pass with the decat as mine did but would have thought it will fail massively if cat is shot and still have decat on.