Cars are an addiction....

Nearly fixed the 197 and its funny cause what I enjoyed the most is not finishing it but was starting it! The first parcel, the hours on the internet sourcing parts, ebaying, joining forums!! hours reading previous threads (trying not to repeat them by asking daft questions)......Cars are a bloody addiction and now I know what it feels like coming out of rehab. Where's my next fix!!!!! I'm buying a 172 with a mate and tracking it.....

Lol it is a dangerous thing to get into! I can understand why you enjoy doing it mate I would really enjoy doing the same and I am sure you must feel a sense of accomplishment putting cars back on the road. You will need to do a progress thread on the 172 too, I know plenty of people on here have had them in the past so I am sure you can get advice if needed. Mine would be 'simple is best'. If its a track slag if you keep it basic then you can keep it cheap!

Cars are definately an addiction, I dont care how much hasle the 182 has been at times, its just awesome and I actually enjoy fixing it. Starting it up is sooooo nice when you've got it all done.

Driving it makes me feel so much better if I've had a poo day as well

Oh god yes they are. But I don't smoke or drink heavily, so I think I am allowed one a? No drugs either.

yes they are. i brought my 197 with the intentions of leavin it as it is, and just enjoyin it for what it was.
out of the box, quick, good handling hot hatch, but i soon got bored of the same old looks etc an im startin to get somewhere with it now.

Like arran, i dont go out drinking alot like my mates, i smoke but not alot, and at the end of the day, i prefer to have a nice, fast car to show for my money, than nights out on the beer an probs gettin into trouble lol

I've gone through the adiction stage and also gone through the rehab lol

I did so much work on my old car, especially suspension related. I'd had the suspension off so many times that I could do it with my eyes closed. I got so bored of it because although I knew what I was doing, it was physically exhausting! That's put me off doing mechanical work on my own car to a certain extent. I'll still do the small things but anything major I will take it to the garage, unless they want silly money

thats the exact same position as me done so much to my last car i dont want to mes with this one because once you start you cant stop then repair woreying its to low to got somwhere etc thats y this one is staying standard and is going to be showroom condition when im finished

Like Ben I've gone through the adiction stage and also gone through the rehab too im starting to feel like im going full circle.

Similar Thread Suggestions