Car wont start!!!

I don't think you will be able to jump start it, or bump start it because you need the starter motor to do that. It is only good if the battery is dead, which is not the case. I would disconnect the battery terminals and see if it resets anything. Make sure you have the radio code though. Or just check the starter motor is definately connected. You may have disturbed a wire. Make sure the battery terminals are making good contact too.

In such cases it always helps to have a cheap OBD-II scanner handy (or an OBD to USB cable for use with a laptop).. It could be a million things. But it does sound like the immobiliser playing up, since you can't hear the starter motor...

In such cases it always helps to have a cheap OBD-II scanner handy (or an OBD to USB cable for use with a laptop).. It could be a million things. But it does sound like the immobiliser playing up, since you can't hear the starter motor...

I.m pretty sure its the immobiliser too, I.ve tried everyones suggestions and unfortunately none of them worked!! Thanks anyway I.m gonna give renault a ring tomorrow, does anyone know if renault can call out and try to diagnose the problem, cause getting the car there will be a pain in the arse. could tow it there but I think it might throw a wobblier and lock the steering at a critical moment. The other option is hire a trailer, which is expensive and I.m sure renault will be looking lots of money to solve the problem!!!:shout:

Have you tried running down the road to start it . could be a knackered starter motor ? Just happened at a weird coincidental time? At least push starting would rule it out.

Have you tried removing the battery terminals? So there is no power going to the car?

Have you tried running down the road to start it . could be a knackered starter motor ? Just happened at a weird coincidental time? At least push starting would rule it out.

Tried push starting, nothing happening the car didnt attempt to fire it was just stopped by the gears. It was downhill as well so if it was going to start it would have.
Any kind of fuel cut off or anything like that on these??
I.ll try removing disconnecting both :jumpon:battery terminals tomorrow see if that helps?

I'd bring this car to a garage to sort it, you will waste a lot of time before you find the fault yourself, maybe better off paying someone to sort it,

I'd bring this car to a garage to sort it, you will waste a lot of time before you find the fault yourself, maybe better off paying someone to sort it,

Took it to renault this morning on a trailer, tried everything I could think of! But without a diagnositics computer I am unable to solve the problem, I want a diagnostic machine!!!:jedi:

Renault got in touch with me this afternoon, the problem I.m afraid has been self inflicted!! When putting the front subframe back on the car some wires have got stuck between the chassis and the subframe and when we have tighten everything up the wires have been nipped!! I.m raging we completey forgot to look for something like that, we all live and learn!! Renault are charging me £200 all in for the diagnostic and the repair of the wires, they have to nearly remove the subframe again. Was gonna get the car and do it myself but cant be bothered to get a trailer and lift the car, so might aswell get them to do it when the car is there!! Still it worked out cheaper than letting renault fit the manifold in the first place by £200, so its not that bad, would have been nicer having the full £400 saving though. Still its a mistake I.ll never make again!..........well hopefully!!!!! lol

When you have done something and it doesn't work, you are always best retracing your steps I think. I have learnt that the hard way a few times, I just need reminding occassionally! At least if it goes wrong you can take it back a?