Car wont start

Right i put my car into the garage on thursday morning to get a flexi replaced on my manifold everything went fine with manifold but when it came to starting the car no life.
Now the garage has said they disconnected the battery to get to the manifold and that has apparently done something to the start button circuit board or something as the car wont start with the start button, but it will start when it gets a bump start.
The mechanic phoned up the local renault dealership and the mechanic there said it could be corroded wires (they were checked alll were fine) and if it wasnt that it would be the starter circuit board and it would have to go into them to get sorted.

My question is though has anyone ever encountered this before? sounds all strange to me.

And where would i stand with having to pay for this? because i dont think its right i would be expected to pay for it all when i all put it in for was the exhaust to be fixed and the fault has occured since being with them and the current time it has been away is 2 days already without even have been sorted yet

Is it ticking over when you press the start button or anything?

When you stick the card into the slot does any lights come up on the dash?

He said it begins as normal lights and ignition comes on but doesn't turn over when pressing start button.

Could of just been unlucky but how come the sensor would of gone then?

He said it begins as normal lights and ignition comes on but doesn't turn over when pressing start button.

Could of just been unlucky but how come the sensor would of gone then?

have they checked for an actual 12v feed down to the starter motor solenoid? if its live when in start position then its the starter motor or
something they have put back wrong...

Cheers man. On reading that isn't sounding that good for me will be getting it back tomorrow running or not can check bits and bobs myself if not running.

Well got it back today second start button wired in to make do until it is fixed properly.

So to start it do the usual thing of brake pedal and button but once original is presses release and press second one.

So that would mean starter motor is working so bugger knows

I know this might sound daft but....have ALL the fuses been checked?

the ones next to the battery and the second fuse box in the engine bay?

I will double check all tomorrow when it's daylight to make sure for certain would be irritating if I went without the car for near enough a week cause they didn't check fuses

If they didn't connect the battery might it have blown an earth?

I did this to my old van when I swapped the alternator over and missed a cable lol

Right bit of a bump here.

I never actually got this fixed as I kind of learnt to deal with it as I had had a baby a week or so after the last post so didn't have much spare cash.

But it's coming upto a time now where I'm going to be looking at selling the car. I know not many if any folk would be interested with it starting the way it has to so looking to get it sorted.

I have checked all fuses and they are all intact and whole. I have a sheet printed out saying what everything is for and noticed there is a relay which does the ignitions mains circuits relay 1. Could that possibly be the problem or would it not prime at all if that was faulty?

Any other thoughts on what it could be?

Cheers Aaron

Hi mate, have you had to bump start the car everytime you wanted to use it ? Did the garage do nothing to sort/help you with this issue ?