Car wont start*solved*

Legend@wheels

Gold Member
Hi.
After the last track day ive draied some braking fluid and since it poured all over i had to pour water after that(between the air filter to battery-next to the plus cable).
Since then the car wont start and there is no any starter signs.
Ive chevked fuses-all good.
Electricity in the car-all good.
What could that be?

P.s to get home ive pushed the car and kicked into a gear and the car started .

Last edited:
Cheers mate
What do you.mean by putting 12v between terminals?
Do you mean like getting electricity boost with cables?(if so-tried that.)
And i also.checked for broken fuses(and there is none)
Could it still.be.the.heat shield even without a broken fuse?
Sent from my RNE-L21 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
He means put twelve volts directly to the small terminal on the starter...

It may be with the car being stood the starter has corroded up a touch and stuck a bit

Reactions: Legend@wheels
He means put twelve volts directly to the small terminal on the starter...

It may be with the car being stood the starter has corroded up a touch and stuck a bit
Do you have access to the starter for that?

@turkie172 i took a photo of mine-looks ok isnt it?
And as for the 12v direct ill try another day maybe since i dont have an available cable.for thatScreenshot_20180824-161927.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for your help guys.
After checking heat shield and i saw its all good i decided to recheck the fuses and this time i found the trouble maker(as i supposed this probably was because of.the water).
Cheers:@

Btw shame on renault that they didnt provide any spare fuses(atleast the common ones)

Last edited:
Thanks for your help guys.
After checking heat shield and i saw its all good i decided to recheck the fuses and this time i found the trouble maker(as i supposed this probably was because of.the water).
Cheers:@

Btw shame on renault that they didnt provide any spare fuses(atleast the common ones)
Water has never conducted enough dc to blow fuses from my experience, even when an engine ecu is full of water, sometimes the circuit board will corrode and the resulting oxide will conduct and screw things up, but I’ve never known water to blow fuses being very honest!

Water has never conducted enough dc to blow fuses from my experience, even when an engine ecu is full of water, sometimes the circuit board will corrode and the resulting oxide will conduct and screw things up, but I’ve never known water to blow fuses being very honest!
Well i cant put finger on the issue for sure but as it looks the problem was related to the water since it happened right after it.
Coincidence?who knows:wink:
Hah