Can't decide,

Can you make my mind up for me? i've got two car club "Mid Wales" runs coming up, the first being 9 days away, my dilema is do i take my 197 (it'll be the first run it's been on as i've only had it two weeks) or my Impreza (thats been in hybernation since October), my issue is these runs in my experiance have two groups, the fast boys up front and the also rans that usually get lost along the way, as i'm normally up front in the scoob thats where i'd like to be and i was wondering if the clio will have the legs to keep up without being to brutal with it. So Clio:uk: or Impreza?

Here's the list so far for the run on May 15th,
1. (Blobeye STi)

2. (Classic STi?)

3. (Classic STi Type RA)

4. (Classic V5 STi hopefully).

5. (E46 M3)

6. (Clio 172 ph2)

7. (Mk4 Golf GTi)

8. (EP3 Civic Type R)

9. (Clio 172 Cup ph2)

10.(FN2 Civic Type R)

11.(DC2 Integra Type R)

12.(FC RX7)

13. (Classic WRX)

14. (bugeye WRX)

15. (classic wrx)

16. Black-Hawk (Clio sport 197/Impreza)

17. (Evo 4 RS)

18. (hawkeye STI)

19. (Toyota Glanza Turbo)

20. (Focus ST)

21. (E46 M3)

22. (Classic WRX)

Depends on the roads, if they're fairly technical you'll have no problems.

If they're very open roads and they're all crackers then you might struggle without some serious bravery, which is maybe not advisable for a fwd car with such a light back end when you've only owned it a couple of weeks :tongueout:

If it were me, I'd make sure both cars were ready and take the one I felt like when I woke up on the day :smile:

And here's the list for June 5th,
1)C2VTS
2)RX-8
3)VX220Turbo
4)350Z Nismo
5)E36 M3 Evo
6)E36 328iS
7)205GTi6
8.E38 740i
9) Caterham Superlight
10) VX220Turbo
11) 3MPS
12) MX5
13)Evo8 (500hp)
14)Evo8 (700hp)
15)WRX

BTW, the clio is std and the scoob is running over 400/400 with brake and suspension revisions, at the moment i'm leaning towards the clio for the run in 8 days and the impreza for the june run.

If the majority of the imprezas are tuned I think you'll struggle to keep up in the clio to be fair. I'd still take the clio though to see how well it keeps up :smile:

Take the Clio. :smile:

There's cars on both lists that you'd keep with on any road and in fact there's also some that couldn't keep with a Clio.

Plus, the look on peoples faces and the remarks they come out with when you've stuck to the back of their ''faster'' car and surprised them is priceless.

Scooby for show, Clio for a pro.

+1

I would take the Clio, trying to be unbiased but I don't think that t Clio will let you down. Take it on the first one, give it a chance and then you will have your answer for the second run... :001_huh:

Clio ftw! They love Wales! You can't deprive it of the roadsor she'll be angry with you! Lol!

Its just in the back of my mind that last year i was in an evo rs chasing a spec-c impreza up the brynaman side of the black mountains and watching the front drive cars falling further and further behind.:worried:

In all honesty I don't think the clio will be any different in that respect. Up a mounting is where a high powered turbo car will come into it's own. However going down the other side the clio will probably be one of the fastest cars there, great handling including fantastic brakes (Make sure you do the yearly maintenance on them if you haven't done so yet - makes a big difference)