197: Can I fit an RS monitor?

Some people will say you can, the tech guys at renault say you can't. You prob could do it but you would need a new wiring loom, the cost would far outway the advantage... Sorry. :-(

Got an android phone?

Buy a £10 bluetooth ODB adapter off the net and download the Torque app.

Much cheaper and just as good (if not better)

Got an android phone?

do this :thumbup:

.....or be prepared to have very very deep pockets :001_rolleyes:

Got an android phone?

This has me interested. Sounds like a good gadget.

What information do you actually get back?

Thanks
James

I have the Torque app with a cheap ELM obd bluetooth connector, currently I have showing
1: Speed with highest and lowest recorded values
2: Revs with highest and lowest recorded values
3: Throttle position
4: Engine load
5: coolant temp
6: Air intake temp
7: 0-60 times
8: 0-100kph times
9: 1/4 mile time
10: 1/8 mile time
11: BHP
12: Torque

+ acceleration/braking g and lateral g

There's loads of other stuff it monitors aswell like your fuel banks etc and you can read and reset fault codes. As well as this it plots your gps on maps so you can monitor what you we're doing where AND record video with all the above overlayed

Now how cool is all that?

Only thing it doesn't do is Oil temp which would probably be more useful than anything else.

just been looking you can do it wifi but they cost like 45 quid compared to the 10 quid blue tooth ones :worried:

I think the equivalent iphone app is REV, but not sure about being able to connect a bluetooth OBD connector as Apple limit the stuff that you can connect via bluetooth.

yea the rev one is iphone equivalent but thats 30 quid for app and 45 for the wifi im just getting one of those elms but the laptop ones for 15 quid ...

daft question, as i already have the app from my old car, wheres the odb2 port on the 200?

I had it in my head that the 200 must be canbus technology so it wouldn't work so have never bothered. Reading this, i'll give it a go

does anyone know what protocol the ecu is running? because you need to know this to get the wifi adapter

daft question, as i already have the app from my old car, wheres the odb2 port on the 200?

I had it in my head that the 200 must be canbus technology so it wouldn't work so have never bothered. Reading this, i'll give it a go

At the bottom of the centre dash panel, below and to the right of the hazard lights switch.