retrofit rs monitor

I'm planning to retrofit the RS monitor. I really like the gearchange mod as I'm constantly forget what bloody gear I'm in!!! Renault say it can't be done because of the sensors(?) What sensors are these then and all that alleged work for only £200 as a optional extra. Don't think so. Watch this space.....

Last edited:
It's a little gimmick that's an option on the 200. Can how oil temps, optimum gear to be in, G graphs, 0-60/qtr mile timer and lap timer etc.

I have it on my car and only put it on when my sons in the car as he likes to watch the G graph when we go around corners lol (he's 6!)

Rich

Yeah, it's interesting.. but once you've seen it, it's a bit pointless lol

The worst thing about it is that if you switch to another display screen all the G data is lost i.e. on a track day you have to keep the screen on all the time - rather than jump between lap times/oil temps etc.

I'm glad I got it though, but oil temp is about the only useful thing...

There's a video on youtube I think with a RS test driver hooning it around a track sideways and the graphs doing it's thing.

Rich

I got one in my 200 pretty good it doesn't tell you what gear you are in it says optimal gear so in other words it wants to go fast bit annoying if ur not in the mood and ur in 4th gear and it's telling u to shift down into 2nd!
I can't see it being possible to fit someone must no how to do it.

pricing the bits up on Monday......Like I said, if there was any magic in it, Renault would charge more than £200 to fit it....my auto-electrician says with will be linked to obd through a module.

Last edited:
Litchy - how are you finding out what bits you need?

I think you will also need a different display, the Monitor uses a full dot matrix display, while I think your car only has the figure of 8 LCD version. The Monitor display may be the same as the Cabasse one, but not necessarily.

well it would be nice to know what have you figured out then, the question is where is the software located, I doubt it would be directly inside the radio monitor, would it be inside the main engine computer or at the BSI or whatever more there is to it, it would be nice to know :smile: anyway, to my thinking it would be all linked together, so you need the rs monitor / cabasse specific display, same goes for the stalk controls, and it could all turn out that these new ones dont work with the old OEM radio you have and that you need to change that too, unless you are using a non OEM already... let us know if you progress!