Cambelt over due

Hi guys,
Just got an 06 197 sport done 48k and hasnt had a cambelt change yet. I plan on getting it done asap, what am i best to get changed? Belt pullys, tensioner and pump??
Cheers

if you bought it from a garage id be taking it back there and asking why it hasnt been done

But yeah that seems right, cam belt, aux belt, water pump

No fitted is £1000 from renault but a mechanic i no can do fit it for £200. I will speak to karl for a price.
Cheers

Need to be a paid member to post in Karls section, and its not a job to be done by a mechanic who isnt experienced and knowledgable with doing these engines, its far too easy to get them timed up wrong

a bit out of thread but will Cam Timing Belt Kit from a Renault Clio 2.0 172 fit the Clio 3 RS?
I sold my 172 but still have the kit...

Thanks

Rite i have just got off the phone to a renault garage and they can do the job with parts for £600 and thats including the dephaser pully.
That sound reasonable?

you say it like going to renault is a good thing. PMSL. I can't tell you how often I've fixed main dealer mistakes

You won't need the VVT pulley changing. Even if you did, it's £99, so I'm still cheaper

you say it like going to renault is a good thing. PMSL. I can't tell you how often I've fixed main dealer mistakes

You won't need the VVT pulley changing. Even if you did, it's £99, so I'm still cheaper

for some people going to the "official" dealers is piece of mind because they think they are the "experts"...its not always the case and the same with some independants as well...

i had mine done via a dealer for less than £500...

for some people going to the "official" dealers is piece of mind because they think they are the "experts"...its not always the case and the same with some independants as well...

i had mine done via a dealer for less than £500...

Which stealers was this Si?

I think the advantage of going to a main dealer in my eyes is purely down to the fact that if they properly shag your engine or cock up your timing you can get it fixed entirely at their costs. God knows I don't trust their technical knowledge.

Going to an independent is a bit of an unknown entity and if they balls it up and refuse to pay you've got a fight on your hands.