Cambelt overdue

Cambelt is fairly overdue on my 197. So I'm getting it done ASAP. I know to get the cam belt and aux belt done, both kits ordered. Just the water pump to get.

Is there anything else that may as well get done at the same time? A full list would be good, so I know exactly and can get prices. Also any suggestions on places to go near darlington would be fantastic. Cheers guys!

Last edited:
^___ I know it gets annoying but if we look at the definition of a forum we see this result;

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=d....0.57j58j62l3.2172j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Noun
A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
An Internet message board.

the constant "use the search" etc is just a little annoying also although I get why your doing it just seems rude.

So its rude that I posted him lots of links to help point him in the right direction then as well....

The most recent one of those threads was asked a mere 10 days ago for the same information

Is it not rude to not have a little looksee yourself in the first place? I mean if you posed the question to google Im sure that would do exactly the same and give you a number of links to various locations....

And by your above quoted definition of a forum, where not ideas and views exchanged? And was the information not on an internet message board

I mean he could have posed the question on another particular forum where he wouldnt have been given any links to help, but instead be flamed for allowing his cambelt service to go overdue.......

In Honour of ChrisGTI6!!

Thanks Mike!

You'll want:

Full Cambelt kit
End caps
Full Aux belt kit
Waterpump
Cooant

You could also do an oil and filter change if it's due, I believe there are some pulley bolts that are recomended to be changed too, but i'm not sure which (Could be Crank pulley and cam/dephaser)

Just needs a sticky so it's easily found.

You then can end up with each section of the forum becoming chokied up at the top of the page. For example this section of the forum is already made up of 20% sticky threads....

so, you then end up with even more pages to trawl through to try and find a particular thread

To be honest though, some of the sticky threads we ahve in this section probably don't warrent being sticky. 3 of them are about sensor locations and part numbers!

Similar Thread Suggestions