Cambelt and Schricks UPDATE 14/3

^^lol when is it getting mapped mate? They do run lumpy anyway, unmapped would be ****e!

^^lol when is it getting mapped mate? They do run lumpy anyway, unmapped would be ****e!

Paul @ RS Tuning on Tuesday this week. The engine just feels all over the place. Made worse with enlarged TB. Not sure what bhp I'll end up with but given generally RS and TDF seem to give an accurate picture, anywhere between 206 - 210bhp I'm guessing will be close.

Love the lumpy tick over....

lol....me? :innocent: you might not be wrong though!!!! TBH kind of learning to live with the 'slow' Clio!!!!

Get it on a b road behind something fast and laugh as you crawl over them!
I had this scenario last sunday on the pistonheads run...the rs4 couldnt get away in the twisties..he was very complimentary and i was happy. On the straights however......

Get it on a b road behind something fast and laugh as you crawl over them!
I had this scenario last sunday on the pistonheads run...the rs4 couldnt get away in the twisties..he was very complimentary and i was happy. On the straights however......

HA so true, me and some friends went for a run this weekend (3 elises and my R27) and they simply couldn't get away in the twisties, touching bumber and all that!! Brilliant stuff, so happy with the clio:smile: Such a great handling car! Who needs power eh? (well...wouldn't mind a bit more tbh lol)

Keep up posted litchy! I can see some good results coming here:smile:

update

Travelled today to map car to cams and it would appear they haven't been timed right by trusted mechanic (although its not the first or the last Paul at RS will see). As a consequence, after general power run and some tinkering by Paul, it became obvious that the car was down on power (5bhp) so less than it came in with. Gutted.
Good thing, back tmw for timing and remap. Also no adverse effects from fitting the TB. Lets see what tmw brings.....fingers crossed!!!!!

Last edited:
update

Travelled today to map car to cams and it would appear they haven't been timed right by trusted mechanic (although its not the first or the last Paul at RS will see). As a consequence, after general power run and some tinkering by Paul, it became obvious that the car was down on power (5bhp) so less than it came in with. Gutted.
Good thing, back tmw for timing and remap. Also no adverse effects from fitting the TB. Lets see what tmw brings.....fingers crossed!!!!!

Welcome to the club. :smiley:

However, you have Paul to sort it out. I wasn't that lucky. :smiley:

these seem pretty tricky to time properly unless you really know what your doing.

but at least its been identified and will be resolved!

Seems as though there aint a very big list of competent machanics than can fit and time cams on the Clios.

Similar Thread Suggestions