Cam timing correction!? (WOODY MAY HELP)

a mate of mine in a glaza knocks about in mirfield. i mentioned i was looking at clios and he told me about a red one in mirfield that he had seen that a lad called oliver owns

if you change cams, you need a new ecu! and a live remap is only the way to make a good work.

if you don't change the ecu you will problem @ low rpm and the std ecu will adjust his parameters and the mods can't work fine..

new cams (timing correction for make NO problem @ low rmp) without new ecu = standard cams

if you change cams, you need a new ecu! and a live remap is only the way to make a good work.

if you don't change the ecu you will problem @ low rpm and the std ecu will adjust his parameters and the mods can't work fine..

new cams (timing correction for make NO problem @ low rmp) without new ecu = standard cams

That depends on how aggressive the cams you are fitting are. Some are fine, like the ones we've had, the car is still on the standard ecu and goes like a rocket and ticks over pretty well.

That depends on how aggressive the cams you are fitting are. Some are fine, like the ones we've had, the car is still on the standard ecu and goes like a rocket and ticks over pretty well.

If you change the cams shafts you do not need a standalone aftermarket ecu.

i changed mine with schrick cams, if you put it in original timing (schrick said this timing) the car don't run good @ minimum rpm, some times turn off...:glare:
i had need to adjust the timing but for run good @ low rpm BUT i lost @ high rpm...

so, with original ecu you must find a compromise, if you change (place side by side) another ecu you'll don't need to find this compromise..

sorry for my english mates:hug1:

ure english is pretty good simo . . . . . better than my italian neways lol

my cams were crazy on standard ECU 1800 RPM idle hopefully with omex we can sort this out

u can actually upload renault software onto the omex and then add ure own bits and delete bits u dont need. I'll leave that to Rick lol

I may look into this theres a company called TMC Motorsport that does the Abarth's and theres been nothing but good reviews about him on their forum.

They can also be unplugged for warranty work and are apparently undetectable as the ECU doesn't record a 'flash'

yeah i know what you meen. renault laughed at me last time i went in :smile: VOID

Woody, surely your idle is set so high to make your car actually tick over?

I thought with the lumpy cams it would need to be a high idle other wise it would just cut out every time you let off the throttle?

It can be adjusted, it's If the car will still tick over if the idle is lowered. After all there must be a reason why who ever mapped it in the first place set the idle so high.