Caged like a mofo

Rear 1/4 panels out, carpets and foam pulled back to allow cage to sit on the floor to get the right angle for mounting. Didnt realise carpets needed to be pulled back, and we already had the cage in, so was a bit of a struggle. Worth noting for anyone else. :smile:

Also, there is a loom on the N/S that needs to be pulled over the cage plate, and on the O/S there is a thinner loom and the washer pipe that needs to be pulled over. Unless you do this, you cant get the cage into position, and you wouldnt want it to snag on the looms anyway.

So erm, what's the benefit of a roll cage in a road car? Not sure I'm really understanding the attraction especially when it renders your rear seats useless as well.

So erm, what's the benefit of a roll cage in a road car? Not sure I'm really understanding the attraction especially when it renders your rear seats useless as well.

If you intend to do track days, and worst case scenario, you roll your car.

It will stop your skull being caved in.

very nice but are u not taking the rear seats out all together :S seems pointless leaving them in to me. my opinion anyways.

very nice but are u not taking the rear seats out all together :S seems pointless leaving them in to me. my opinion anyways.

He wants to retain the parcel shelf and boot segregation. Its better for security at the end of the day if you keep anything in the boot.

He wants to retain the parcel shelf and boot segregation. Its better for security at the end of the day if you keep anything in the boot.

This.

It does look better without the seat/parcel shelf, but as I use my boot often, I dont really want to advertise its contents to pikeys.