Cabasse head unit change.

I have the Cabasses system in my 197 and am keen to go aftermarket which would obviously involve replacing the head unit. Im a bit concerned with how an aftermarket head unit would fit and the effects it would have on the clock display?

Just after any advise anyone has if they have been through this process or have any tips on the best way in which to go about this?

Cheers

Hello mate,
I've just changed my standard head unit to a alpine one, me and a frend did it over a night, all I brought was a wire harness as my head unit didn't come with one, the only problem we encountered was space, the plastic cubby hole for the head unit has a small oblong shaped piece of plastic at the rear of it that stoped the aftermarket unit from going in all the way, you might have to remove this to fit yours in. As for your clock and steering wheel controls, you may have to buy a special lead depending on what head unit you get, I've ordered mine from here www.caraudiodirect.co.uk
Hope this helps, Benny

You'll lose the radio info on the dash screen. I believe it still shows the time and temp but all radio/cd info will only be shown on the unit.

This harness plus another should fix the information screen and wheel controls, but of you want a cheaper fix you can just buy a standard connection lead and live without the information screen and controls,

Sweet cheers, wasnt too sure how the CD changer would effect the space inside the dash but sounds like it shouldn't be too bad. Now to look for a decent head unit, speaker and an amp. The cabasse one is pretty good for what it is but would like it to be a bit more crisp!

Nice one

Don't forget you need to take the aerial, steering control and display wiring from under the drivers seat.

The hole in the dash is the same as any Clio, you will need a fascia adaptor.