Cabasse auditorium to sony/kenwood head unit

Managed to swap over to a sony unit ok, had to run an aerial extender from under the front seat from the cabasse brains to the dash. Found the the two connected Iso blocks at the far back of where the head unit goes and all is working well... exept the steering wheel controls.

Apparently for the 197 you need a connects 2 CTSRN005.2 adaptor that expects 2 iso's and mini yellow iso. I don't have the mini yellow iso in the dash.

Have I got the wrong adaptor?

Also, someone has cut the renault plugs off the speaker wires and put spades on, anyway to reverse this?

After a bit of rummaging, I found the yellow plug - plugged into the extension that goes to the unit under the seat. Found the aerial too

You found the yellow in the dash? Was yours the tronic version? Mine was the 6 cd changer head unit and all the gubbins under the seat. The aerial in mine definitely ran from the back to the seat but no further

Found it! Was hidden in some sponguey stuff wrapped around the loom. Took the glovebox out and found it in no time.

All the controls work and it says renault on top of the dash now. Only thing is the source buttons don't work, unit is a sony, anyone else had this problem?

Just in case this helps anyone, the source button issue was that the connects2 box was set to pioneer not sony. Had to take the box apart and flip dip switch 4 to off for Sony units. dip switches are on the reverse of the circuit board inside the unit.

Reactions: wootwoot
Hi, would you be able to take a picture of the wires behind the dash? I’ve been having a mare trying to figure out how to swap the cabasse with everything under the seat for a pioneer hu. Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

I have retro fitted the Cabasse 6 disc system into my 197 there is a sub loom that connects into the standard radio connectors that are in the standard radio slot which forwards down under the drivers seat to power the main box or amp then a lead goes back up to the dash to connect the CD changer mounted in the dash which acts as an interface or remote control its like an empty box as I had to open it to remove a CD. I found that the standard aerial could be pulled backwards down to under the seat so I did not have to use the aerial lead in the kit I had removed the center console and the bottom skirt between that and the main dash for full access. Yes you might find that connects if you are going in the opposite direction might be wrapped in foam as you should be careful with cabling behind the dash I have seen a lot of cars in the scrap hard due to upgraded radios being fitted poorly chafing wires and starting dashboard fires.

Found it! Was hidden in some sponguey stuff wrapped around the loom. Took the glovebox out and found it in no time.

All the controls work and it says renault on top of the dash now. Only thing is the source buttons don't work, unit is a sony, anyone else had this problem?

Hi
As you can see
Working my way through!
Can you possibly show me exactly where it was please
The elusive yellow connector
I’ve got glove box out
Also
It it hanging loose
Or plugged into something