197: Bye bye.......

:bye2: ...... and it's going. As some of you know I'm moving to Barcelona for at least the next 9 months plus, and I took the decision that I couldn't justify having the 197 sitting around here for that length of time, it just seemed a waste of something that deserves being used regularly by someone who can appreciate that while it is a cracking hardcore hatch it is actually very useable as an every day motor.

But - all is not lost - as for the two weekends a month I'll be back I'll be piloting a stunning future classic and a true giant killer of proportions that even a 197 or 200 would have to be on it's game to compete with....... :wink:

[insert]drumroll here[insert]

A belter of a Clio trophy supplied with superb service by Steve Murr @ RSport cars.

It's a cracking looking example sitting on just over 30k, interior mint, belts done, recaros looking stunning. Subject to clearance with the othe half can't wait until Sunday to be honest.

My hot hatch hero that I think will be well served sitting by the dehumidifier then taken for a spanking on the Beacons when I make it back. Value wise I don't think I could have made a better choice and not having to leave it in some two bit car park ever ever ever should ensure it stays mint and secures me a future classic.

One of the best bits is that I'll be sticking round here - that's if you'll still have me? :bounce:

PICS WILL INDEED FOLLOW!!!

Well it's a shame you have had to sell the 197, but the Trophy will be just as much fun.

That's a little beaut your getting then mate will have to get a meet up when your back and bring my sons trophy along aswell.good luck over there and keep in touch

I was just reaching for the :woody: button, until I saw the word "Trophy" :wink:

..I wish I still had my Trophy....they are brilliant and better than 197/200 IMO....you won't regret buying it.........

Cheers for the comments - I had second thoughts but, the more I thought, the more it made sense really.

In the end it came down to an S1 or the T and by my reckoning the T is far more exclusive and wins in the fun stakes too.

Never knew I'd be this excited about 'downgrading'...... :wink:

Cheers for the comments - I had second thoughts but, the more I thought, the more it made sense really.

In the end it came down to an S1 or the T and by my reckoning the T is far more exclusive and wins in the fun stakes too.

Trophy or 172 cup is what I would want again. Enjoy.

Does this mean I can have your job as South Wales Rep :smile: haha

Nice find on the Trophy!!!

You can have the crown fella - PM King Mike and he'll do the sword on the shoulder, arise Craig B bit etc.

I'll be first on the meet attendee list when I'm back.

You can have the crown fella - PM King Mike and he'll do the sword on the shoulder, arise Craig B bit etc.

I'll be first on the meet attendee list when I'm back.

Banging :smile: shall do later on. Nice One

King Mike being 'Mike' ???

Last edited:
Shame you couldn't take you're 197 with you!!
I've just come back from a weeks holiday out there and saw a 200 gordini in blue, a black R27 F1, a white 250 cup and a red 250ff! RS is alive out there!!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gilmos1 Clio 200T Area 10
C Clio General Chat 14
Webby Clio General Chat 27
T Other Renault Sports 37
Roy Clio General Chat 40