Bumper off........?? Pfffffffffft!!

Had some Phillps Diamond Vision 5000k bulbs delivered this morning. 2 sets.

Read on here that it is a bumper off job? It is not IMO!!

Me and WelshTom fitted two sets of dipped headlight bulbs in about and hour and a half!

Access is limited and your hands/arms get covered in marks/bruises, but saves the hassle of taking the bumper off!

What we did:

Drivers Side:

1. Remove battery covers
2. Remove air intake.
3. Remove Flap.
4. Remove bulb in ordinary manner.

Passenger Side:

1. Don't have to remove anything on this side, just access is limited due to pipes.

And there we go!

It only takes about 15min to remove the bumper though...

Have to admit when I changed the headlight on my 197 we made sure we had a lot of time free to do it but the bumper came off very easily.....we had completed it all in less than an hour.

removing the bumper too many times causes the wing/bumper clips to wear and weaken so they keep popping apart...

Took my daughters lad 10 mins to do sides and mains no bumper off but he is so small lol

They seem to have changed it on the 200. Is the 197 held by metal bolt into the wing?

yeh - one bolt each side 10mm and then it "just" clips in/out - when you pull it apart you can see the tabs and bits of the plastic wearing away...

It feels different on the 200 for some reason. I haven't looked properly but it looks as though the bolt goes into a metal nut. It's more solid than my 197 ever was.

I changed my bulbs last week and didn't take the bumper off. I followed Brown Bear's instructions and although tight, wasn't too bad a job. I wouldn't be able to get to the side lights this way.

For those that take the bumper off, do you then detach the headlight to get to the back?

Also, my bumper has started to pop out a bit where it meets the wing just below the headlight. It isn't an issue but is annoying. If it is the clips, can they be changed?