building track 197 from motorsport shell

You can easily sva a cup car if you don't mind making some changes, it's things like toggle switches etc that they have problems with, mainly minor stuff.

I would rather buy a cup car and do it that way but can understand why people don't. Not like we all have 18k lying around.

What I would say though is if you have the choice of component spec why go with fixed damping non adjustable cup bilsteins when you could get something arguably better that's not regulations governed.

You can easily sva a cup car if you don't mind making some changes, it's things like toggle switches etc that they have problems with, mainly minor stuff.

I would rather buy a cup car and do it that way but can understand why people don't. Not like we all have 18k lying around.

What I would say though is if you have the choice of component spec why go with fixed damping non adjustable cup bilsteins when you could get something arguably better that's not regulations governed.

Didn't someone try this and it was nearly impossible?

For a start they don't have handbrakes!

Don't get me wrong, would need a fair few bits but would be doable. To be honest sva'ing a car is pretty hard as they are very strict on what's ok whereas you mod a car and you can fit a roll cage that will kill you in a minor accident and no one cares because it's you that's chosen to do it to a car that was originally classed as safe. I don't know what the end use of the car will be, if it's a daily driver fair enough or a standard 197 with a cage then fair enough but if it's a fuel guzzling uncomfortable track car that will get trailored everywhere anyway might as well get a cup car with sadev box etc

Some more pictures to keep you updated.
Have ordered the remaining bits from r sport and i'm alot poorer!DSC00268.jpg

DSC00266.jpg

Thinking about what colour i should have it,
I'm thinking alien green with carbon fibre wrap on the roof and bonnet, With gloss black wheels.

What do you think?

Last edited:
:thumbup1::zomg::clap::jase2::drool::drool::drool::jase::001_tt1::thumbup:

Makes me want to "**** it, screw it being quiet and comfortable, i wnat a race car dam it!"

Nice work mate!

Now the electrics (not looking forward to this bit!)

Attachments

• DSC00314.jpg
    DSC00314.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC00315.jpg
    DSC00315.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC00316.jpg
    DSC00316.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 121
Awesome project! What colour you going to get it sprayed? I'm hopeless with electrics, good luck to you lol!

Great project. :smile:

That exhaust looks naughty. How much did you pay from R-Sport if you don't mind me asking?

Awesome looking project there will be even better when its finished im sure. Wiring looks like an absolute ball ache but nevermind, guess its just one of those things :wink:

Exhaust was 2nd hand from jamie hunter racing. It was £600 if i remember correctly.
It's had the cat removed from the centre section to get more bhp.
New from r-sport the full exhaust is around £1500!

Last edited:
I've decided on the colour, Alien green with a carbon fibre wrap on the roof and bonnet and gloss black wheels.

Attachments

• DSC00270.jpg
    DSC00270.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 63
That's not bad second hand!!!

I did price up a system from R-Sport about 6 months ago and it was a baulk-some price.

Good choice for the paintjob, that'll look mean. Are you planning on doing any competitve events?