Brakes - Fast road and track set ups...IN HERE.

ATM im running...

DS2500 Pads
K-Tec Black Edition Grooved Brembo HC disks
Motul 600
HEL Lines
Standard Disks/pads rear

On my old 197 Cup;

Fronts: AP Racing 310mm two piece discs and DS2500 pads
Rears: Standard discs and pads
HEL brake lines
Motul RBF 600 fluid

On the Megane (same callipers etc.) the set-up stops it just as well if not better than my old 197.

Fronts: Godspeed 330mm brake kit with DS2500 pads
Rears: Standard discs and pads
HEL brake lines
Motul RBF 600 fluid

imo you don't need to do anything to rear on these cars. They do very little, really just keeping the car straight or catching your slide if traction controls on.

Last edited:
Yeah they're identical mate.

The rear hoses run from chassis to rear beam by the way, it confuses a lot of people when the kit arrives and the two rear hoses are only about an inch long... Myself included hahaha!!! If you look under the car just ahead of the rear passenger side wheel then you'll be able to see the two that are changed when fitting braided ones.

I think so yeah, 99% certain they are.

Rear - 300mm x 26mm
Front - 312mm x 28mm

The diameters are right but I may be wrong about the thickness.

Megane 225/230 has the same front brakes but think the rears are different (solid on clio and vented on megane maybe?)

*anorak mode*

Front discs are same as megane.

Rear discs are 300x10 on clio and 300x11 on megane otherwise same.

When buying megane rear discs if they come with bearings they have two sizes, clios only have one.

*anorak mode off*

*anorak mode*

Front discs are same as megane.

Rear discs are 300x10 on clio and 300x11 on megane otherwise same.

When buying megane rear discs if they come with bearings they have two sizes, clios only have one.

*anorak mode off*

So if buying Megane rear disks which ones are the correct ones Wayne?

Only if they bend or you have to cut them on the way out, it's common for them to seize.

Lots of people have re-used them in the past. :smile:

Do have change the Pin's every time change the pads?? :001_unsure:

no!

little tip....

knock them in first then make sure when you come to remove them you use a proper hammer and give them a proper smack!!!!

also a further little tip to stop the paint being chipped put some insulation tape over the top of the pins

Reactions: papa