Brake Setup - Any thoughts?

I've had both DS2500 and CL pads, the DS2500 are a better road pad and CLs a better track pad.

The DS2500 don't squeal on the road, the CLs do
CLs have more bite, even from cold
Both are capable of locking the wheels at any speed
Both are fade free on the track
CLs give a firmer pedal

Overall, I chose the DS2500 because I hate squealing pads

A little trick I used to do on my race bike was to chamfer the front and rear edges of the pad. Most aftermarket pads come like that as stock but the Renault ones don't.
Just take the stock ones out and scrape them on the pavement outside to give a little edge. It's very easy and you don't need to go overboard.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 24
That'll help stop them squealing but won't do anything for the performance. If anything it'll make them less effective as there's less surface area

That'll help stop them squealing but won't do anything for the performance. If anything it'll make them less effective as there's less surface area

It seems to help with pads glazing over and may help with cooling.
You can't expect a brake pad to work brilliantly on road and track. On the road you need your pads to bite in the morning when it's minus 2 and the track the pads are exposed to constant high temperatures. You really need a separate track pad that you can slip in before a track day. It doesn't take more than 20 minutes.