brake hose question

I was cleaning the car and noticed that the front left, right and rear left brake hoses where a grey colour that seemed fine although when I took the rear wheel on the right hand side off I noticed the brake hose was blue?? anyone ever seen this before? I don't think its braided so would it just have been a replacement or the sorts?

adam.

its very hard couldn't squeeze it at all.. should I in turn get braided hoses all round? *Any excuse* :tongueout: but seriously will it be putting more braking pressure on the rear right causing tc to come on earlier?

tbh mate 1 hose on the car would give an in-balance in breaking at high speed. braided lines from the master cylinder is the only way. u can have them made for the same price u buy goodridge.

nah rubbish, mate £100 from HEL u can get full length braided lines 1 12" peice makes a difference but not compared to full length

rock hard pedal dude. u have to look at the pedal and it will be braking lmao. no seriously it gives you alot mor confidence to drive hard as you know u wont get that spongy feeling. oh and get some dot 5.1 in it when uve done the lines u WILL NOT get brake fade.

well the front ones are rubber hoses, and they are the ones you replace when buying braided brake lines, the back are steel, the rubber ones go somewhere in the middle of the rear axle under the car, and they are the ones you replace for the braided ones, thats why they seemed different in the wheelarch

Motul rbf 600 is the fluid I'd suggest its dot 4 but has a higher boiling point than dot 5.1. I changed my rubber lines to hel braided with the racing fluid and the difference is well good and I'm still on standard discs and pads