Brake pipes/hoses

Andyyox

Paid Member
Had advisorys for front to rear pipe and the pipe across rear beam on my recent MOT

I've made and put on a solid front to rear pipe which goes from under pass seat into to the short hoses on rear beam

Not sure what to do with the one on rear beam . New Renault pipe and hose is £30-40 so thinking about just moving to braided hoses ?

Problem is I'm getting confused by all the different braided hose kits.

First the 4 pipe and 6 pipe kits... Do the rear pipes on the 4 pipe replace those short hoses from body to beam by being a bit longer ? If so why bother with the 6 hose kit?

Which kits are recommended? Until 5 minutes ago I didn't realise the pipe on the rear beam was fixed to the short rubber hose and thought they where seperate. I guess the hose kits all have a long hose that does right across the beam to caliper and do away with the pipe ?

Sorry if this has been covered. searching for brake hoses and pipes gives many many many results .

Well I've worked out that the 4 hose kit only replaces the short body to beam hoses on the rear. What's the point ? Still have rubber hoses at caliper end ?

Does no one make a 4 hose kit that goes straight from the solid line to the caliper ? So with a female din end and a male din end ? The 6 hose kit does this but with a totally unnecessary connection between the short and longer hose