Brake Fluid Change

mate, its not hard but ive been shown how to do it and if u get it wrong it can be bad. get a garage to do it and say u want dot 5.1 fluid in it. feel the difference then.

Vacuum bleed is best but a pressure bleed is good too. I got a gunson eazibleed kit for about £15 and makes bleeding the brakes much easier.

As long as you follow the instructions then I can't see any problems.

The gunson tool is a bottle with one pipe going into the brake fluid resevoir, the other end is connected to the spare wheel via the normal valve. On the clio you can just use the normal road wheel as this will be removed to bleed the brakes anyway.

Once you've connected it up you just loosen the bleed nipple and the fluid is pushed through under the pressure.

It's pretty simple and gives better results than doing it the old fashioned way, by pumping the pedal.

lmao u'd have a leg like popeye pumping the pedal . . . . . i did that once . . . never again lol

Can't go wrong with the old fashioned way if you know how to do it properly,cheap pressure bleed kits are more hassle than their worth never used a vacuum bleeder but sure it is better than ezi bleed

When you pump the pedal to push the fluid through you risk sucking air back into the system when you remove your foot from the pedal. When you use the pressure bleeder you don't have this problem.

If you use an Ezi bleed kit (which I have a few times on my old Golfs) I think it says you should not use more than about 18psi pressure, so its a good idea to have a pressure gauge to hand.

I have bled/changed brake fluid on several clio's now and a megane. I hate doin it and vie only ever had it go well once. Hate it hate it hate it lol

I've used my Eazibleed now on several cars and never had an issue.

Really easy to do and it's never gone wrong. Only thing I would say is that if the Clio III has a load bias valve for the rear brakes then do the rears with the car on the deck.

You do have to make sure though that you do them in the right order, particularly on modern ABS equipped cars otherwise you can properly knacker the ABS unit.

You shouldnt use an eezibleed kit on a car with ABS unless you can lock the ABS out with the diagnostic tools. ABS cars have a slightly different way of being bled, and id always let a garage do my car with it.

That's not true, the only worry on a car with ABS is that you get air in the ABS module.

As long as you are purely forcing through fluid (Which is what eezibleed does) then no air will get in the ABS module

just get it done at kwik fit mate its safer. air in the brake lines is fatal.

just get it done at kwik fit mate its safer. air in the brake lines is fatal.

Jesus wept, I'd never recommend Kwik Fit monkeys particularly if you're concerned about safety.

It really is sooooo easy. As Ben says, the EZBleed just uses pressure to push the new fluid into the system, and therefore the old fluid out.

Reactions: Winston