Bored of the 197 ( But will probably keep it. Because they are awesome )

Rs tuning charged me 350 for a remap and my exhaust was 470. Coilovers aren't cheap either, I had a look into it and thought Coilovers are not necessary on a car wich rarely sees the track. (Well that was my conclusion). I'm going to save up for a while and get a quaife diff I reckon.

you are but its not £2,000..plus you dont have to spend it all at once..i've had mine for 2 years now and all my upgrades were a gradual process..not a millionaire to afford to spend too much at once..
but if you are not happy then you are looking to swap it for something else..if that was me i would be looking at a megane 265 cup..
Can't afford a Meg Pav although I'd love one. Yeah I'll do little by little I think. More peed off I've kerbed one wheel quite bad. Googled it and doing it yourself doesn't seem favourable and it's £65+vat per alloy. Anyone had this done?

Rs tuning charged me 350 for a remap and my exhaust was 470. Coilovers aren't cheap either, I had a look into it and thought Coilovers are not necessary on a car wich rarely sees the track. (Well that was my conclusion). I'm going to save up for a while and get a quaife diff I reckon.
a diff would great..would love one..
all in time..

Can't afford a Meg Pav although I'd love one. Yeah I'll do little by little I think. More peed off I've kerbed one wheel quite bad. Googled it and doing it yourself doesn't seem favourable and it's £65+vat per alloy. Anyone had this done?
[MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION] had his done..

Sounds like you already want out no point wasting endless amounts of cash just sell it or trade it in for something else.

Not sure what I'd get though. I need to get it on a rolling road I think, as it feels more sluggish since how it was when I bought it.

Last edited:
Yeap, I'll echo james28 here. You just didn't click with the car and this is fair enough. A lot of people don't, especially them who come from 172/182s...buying a lesser 197 model with no cup chassis etc doesn't help either.

Don't spend any money on it if you don't like it. IMO you spend money on a car you love just to make it even better. 197/200s are difficult to be replaced when your first priority is driving pleasure, so cheap for what they offer and I really can't think of anything else within the same price bracket (or even higher).

5 months is a lot to bond with a car mate and you haven't therefore i believe you should sell it and either but a cupped 200 or maybe a 182 trophy?

I feel like I'm going slightly backward if I get a 182. Loved my 172 though, hence why I had it 7 years. I just felt it was time to move on. Love the look of the car but performance wise it's not a massive upgrade and in some cases none at all. Oh and like I said earlier it seems to have lost power after the manifold replacement. Was way quicker prior :worried:

Last edited:
And I am wondering if the manifold is sound. Had it back straight away because of the power difference. Think I need it looking at again.

No easy replacement tbh. 250's are coming down in price, I recon below 8 grand in a year or so.....

Not for a decent one. I've had my eye on them for over 12 months and if you want a decent (cup/ed) car with recaros you're still over 11k for a sub 40 thou

it's the only car I'd swap my 197 for.

standard 225's are soft. You need at least a cup/trophy/f1/r26

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions