Bored......

iAndy

Platinum Member
Am bored and fancy a change

Right three options....

Keep the 200.... Mod it (even thou its only 2 years old)
Keep the 200 make it more track focused and sell the 172
Sell the 200 and buy a new 200T or Meg265 or.............Focus ST

What's everyone think?

If you want a daily to use on track i'd go for option 3 and i would get a 265 out of those 3 but thats just my opinion.

I've got the 172 for track at moment, then the mazda 2 for work and the 200 just sits at mums and gets used for the odd blast out. Bit of a waste really but I like it when I drive it

If you like the 200 when you drive it cant you just use that as a daily, sell the mazda and keep the 172 for track?

I've got the 172 for track at moment, then the mazda 2 for work and the 200 just sits at mums and gets used for the odd blast out. Bit of a waste really but I like it when I drive it

Don't see the point of buying a 265 or the rest for it just not to be used.

Option 4

get rid of the 172 and the Mazda

use the 200 as a daily and then buy a R26 as a track car ( much cheeper than a 250/265 )
Get it mapped and strip it out back seats. I think that's what I would do.

you will lose too much money on the 200 doing anything else at the min.

Option 5 how about get rid of the Clio and the Mazda get a new Clio to use as daliy and keep the 172 as a track toy :thumbup:

Definitely not option 3. No point in buying another in-between car that you won't be arsed to run to work, and isn't focussed enough for track.

My opinion is:

Sell the 200 and 172, buy an Exige and daily the Mazda.

200 is a great all rounder, but isn't focussed enough for track and isn't (by your admission) comfy enough to nip around in. Sat on your drive it's loosing money, throwing money at making it a track weapon looses money and your warranty, and it'll still drop in value like a lead balloon. With the 200's I think you have to 'use it or lose it'.

An Exige (or similar) has the drama you want in a weekend car (but can still be driven on the roads reasonably) and is more than capable for track driving, also it probably wont lose value like the 200 will.

Well my 13.7mpg tank of fuel in a day was fun today but I just hate the kangaroo on a morning :worried:

New exhaust and map...... Lol