Boot lid closer strut tension

jasonlovesfrench

Paid Member
Weird one this...i've noted that my boot lid slams shut as the resistance in the closer arms is pretty much non existent, can the tension be adjusted or are they shot?

Thanks

There was a topic on this a few months ago and someone posted up a video. They were complaining of the same thing, that the boot was slamming down like there was no resistance. IIRC it turned out that it was just normal - the one in the video anyway.

I have to guide my lid down or it proper slams. But it's always been that way and I don't see it as a problem, just that it needs a bit of care when closing.

There was a topic on this a few months ago and someone posted up a video. They were complaining of the same thing, that the boot was slamming down like there was no resistance. IIRC it turned out that it was just normal - the one in the video anyway.

I have to guide my lid down or it proper slams. But it's always been that way and I don't see it as a problem, just that it needs a bit of care when closing.
I'm cool with guiding it home - it's the missus who lets go of it like a hot cake :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy