Bonnet Scratch From Wiper Arms!

This happened to me on a night out, stayed in a holiday inn with a few mates, in the morning few mates left early in his car after they had breakfast, I went out side, all my wipers are up and croissants thrown all over car.... Confronted him but denied it....

Left it ever since in case some tw@ does it again. Will touch it up one day, just waiting for a GW touch up pen to come up for sale...

This happened to me when cleaning the car. Noticed it scraped so stopped straightaway. I'm fearing now that the c*nts at my work will try to be funny. Gonna check if they have already, noticed that it scratched and put it back down. I never touch nobodies property s would be livid if they touch mine.

If you want a proper job then the only option is painting the bonnet.

Use a bodyshop as the 'Chips Away' guy will make it look worse and you''l be wishing you kept the scratch!

It should cost around £200 for a bonnet respray and that includes taking it back to the metal and prepping it properly.

I had this too, touched it up with some paint and the end of a cocktail stick which is much more accurate than the brush in touch up kits! To be honest I had more paint missing than you and after the touch up I can barely tell where it was

what a tosspot. all my mates know not to mess with my car, at all. if someone is in, it's get in, sit still, shut up, don't touch anything, lol.

I have exactly the same scratch, suspected to have been done when the wiper arms were changed! I'm going to use a tiny cotton bud and some NNF paint to fix it up :wink:

Also, my drivers side one does not life up more than 1cm. Is that normal???

I believe they're designed like how they are because it was a quick fix solution to some EU legislation about having the wiper mechanisms hidden to protect a pedestrian if you so happen to hit them :tongueout: