Blowing manifold to exhaust joint on Clio 200

My exhaust is blowing at the joint between the manifold and the exhaust on my 200. The clamp looks as if it has been tightened to death and there are traces of exhaust sealant. Glad it's not the manifold flexi's.

I have ordered a new clamp from Renault, but there is no gasket or sealing ring. Is it a case of removing the old clamp, cleaning the 2 mating surfaces, coating with exhaust paste and tightening back up, or are there any tips procedures I should be following.

Cheers in advance comments welcome.

My exhaust is blowing at the joint between the manifold and the exhaust on my 200. The clamp looks as if it has been tightened to death and there are traces of exhaust sealant. Glad it's not the manifold flexi's.

I have ordered a new clamp from Renault, but there is no gasket or sealing ring. Is it a case of removing the old clamp, cleaning the 2 mating surfaces, coating with exhaust paste and tightening back up, or are there any tips procedures I should be following.

Cheers in advance comments welcome.
u have it mate just some exhaust sealer and try not toover tighten the clamp

as you say - its just a taper type fit to stop it blowing - so clean and apply some paste then re-assemble