Black spoiler on Red 197

Bought this last week off ebay, was very local so didn't cost anything to collect it, it's already in metallic black, so I thought I'd put it on to see what it looks like before I get it painted,Now I think it looks brilliant in black, especially as my wheels are black, what do you all think.

Last edited:
I was thinking of having mine in black, but thought it might look strange. But with black wheels it makes sense. SteBurns off here used to have his like this.

£75 Was watching it for 2 weeks before I bought it, just bean looking at it again, I'm going to leave it black, looks good.

I fitted it yesterday, took about 30 mins,I followed some instructions off this site.
First I rolled some play doe really thin and laid it on the boot where the spoiler sits,then I put a small lump in the hole on the spoiler where the bolt screws in,I positioned the spoiler above the tail gate then lowered it into place,when you lift the spoiler up it leaves the small lump where the hole needs to be.
I used an 2mm drill bit first, then kept moving up to 6mm, fitted perfect, hope this helps.

i was just going to make a paper template if one isnt supplied with the spoiler

using paper i would cut to shape on the underside of the spoiler and mark the hole in it.

masking tape where spoiler goes on boot lid so i can draw on it and drill it

lower spoiler into position and draw around it on masking tape

remove spoiler and place templates over the silouette i just drew on the boot lid and line up.

centre pop hole and drill

is this the twingo spoiler? looks quite similar.
really nice if it is.

Na, it's a standard Clio range sport spoiler. Genuine Renualt Part. That's why it is such a good fit. Cheaper to buy than the cup spoiler and is a bit more subtle.

looks quite similar, twingo stole it off the Clio clearly :tongueout:

I prefer this to the cup version, the cup one is far too in your face.

I was fancying the k-tec sprint spoiler, but this came up painted for £75 so I didnt want to miss it, I really like it now its fitted.