Biting point

Hi. Just sold a Golf edition 30 and bought a one owner 39k clio 197. My wifes uses it for work and she finds the biting point quite hard compared to the golf. I also find it very light but persume its just a normal thing. Think golf are eletronic.

Can anyone advise if this is normal.

Thanks
Darren

I assume you are talking clutch? The throttle is fly by wire on the Clio. They are quite difficult to drive smoothly, it takes a bit of driving it to get used to it. The throttle is quite responsive to input.

You'll get used to it, they're not the easiest cars to drive and do take a little bit of time

I always touch the throttle a bit before/whilst lifiting the clutch pedal

I think there's one good rule to obey when driving this car - rev it!

I find the bite abit weird on the Clio, in traffic it's really high, but normally it's pretty low?

Glad its not just me thats found the clutch a little bizzare on these cars - I have found that blipping the throttle to about 2-2.5k makes these cars take off a lot better

I also find the biting point changes as I drive. I don't know if it's me, but on a hill the biting point seems to be really high and normally it's fine? What could that be?

not the easiest car to set off with - for me its the throttle just getting the revs right not too many or too little :eek:

If you are sat on biting point it does tighten as it warms up and you begin creeping forward Arran so you are spot on, it will change as you drive. I think the Clio does this more than most.

My fiance has trouble driving my 197, because of the clutch. I've always thought it was an easy car to drive.

Glad its not just me thats found the clutch a little bizzare on these cars - I have found that blipping the throttle to about 2-2.5k makes these cars take off a lot better

:thumbup: i do this a lot

its almost like you have to wake up the throttle pre launch or when changing down

I just lift the clutch pedal until the car starts moving then apply the accelerator as normal.

Although I used to own a Fiesta ST which was a nightmare sometimes.