Clutch biting point

mine has always been high but now it is getting more none existant . could it be the clutch is on the way out or could it be cylinders?

I think all clutches are different, you'll never have 2 that feel the same. So long as it hasn't started slipping I would have thought it will be ok.

been no signs of slipping !! but sometimes when you think something isnt right it plays on your mind but it could be nothing

i think the same mate, i fink once theyve worn in thm just naturally high biting, my old 172 was the same

Could the system need bleeding ? Iv tried the 4th at 20mph test and revs and speedboth pick up smoothly. When I push the pedal some times It feels a little rough ? Any ideas?

it could be to do with needing the system bled, the other morning my clutch felt notchy when i pressed it in, not smooth as it usually is but it went away after the car had warmed up and hasnt done it since.

Could the system need bleeding ? Iv tried the 4th at 20mph test and revs and speedboth pick up smoothly. When I push the pedal some times It feels a little rough ? Any ideas?

i have got exactly what you have got, my biting point is high as well, and now i am gonna try and get my system bled, even when warm my gears are abit notchy, i am going to ring at easter so gonna have to get it sorted :worried:

i have been told that the clutch runs off the same reservior that the brakes does, so to get a propa fluid change best to bleeds your brakes as well at the clutch.
if u do just the brakes then the clutch will still have the old fluid in and it then becomes abit pointless doing a fluid change.

so foxspeed you are a guy with great knowledge :smile: how would one bleed the system?

dot 4 fluid - top up brake reservoir - on the gearbox the bleed nipple for the clutch is located (think its on the front top edge of the box) - put on a bleed tube in to a bottle - open the nipple - pump clutch pedal couple of times - tighten nipple - top up fluid - repeat

i usually do it in a clear plastic jug with a measure on the side so you can tell how much fluid has been pumped through - or you could use the measure on the brake fluid bottle - 250ml-500ml is plenty to clear out the clutch fluid

very similar to brake bleeding