Best Track Car, opinions needed!!

If you had to choose for a track, out of the below.. What would it be?

• Seat Leon FR TFSI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Volkswagen Golf GTI Mk5

• Ford Fiesta ST ( remap around 163-5 BHP )

• Total voters
I'm looking for some opinions ( non biased ones :tongueout: ) on what you lot may deem to be the best track car ( unmodified ) from the below.

Basically all the car's I'm listing are car's me and my friends have, all of which they think are superior track wise to my 197.

• RS 197 ( non cup )
  • Leon TFSI FR 197
  • MK5 GTI Golf
  • 06' Civic Type R
  • Fiesta ST ( ECU remap to 163BHP apparently! )
In term's of BHP there's not a lot between the above, I think the Type R just pip's it with a manufacturers statement of 200BHP on the dot.

However I'm looking at handling and weight and I'm pretty sure the RS, around a track would dominate.

Opinions, anybody??

Clio is a great package but if I was going to buy one of the above as a track car it would be the Civic due to better durability.

Clio is a great package but if I was going to buy one of the above as a track car it would be the Civic due to better durability.
Fair play dude. If you were to have to pick any as standard would you still have dibs on the Civic? Obviously the Civic has more to build on, but I think the Clio as standard is a better "core" package, dont'cha think?

Oh definitely, even as standard full fat the Clio is king. Most of the others would have cooked their brakes within about 5 laps.

Oh definitely, even as standard full fat the Clio is king. Most of the others would have cooked their brakes within about 5 laps.
Definitely. I've contemplated having the car lowered before to try and replicate the cup ride. However the car feels incredibly planted and the handling is excellent anyway!

I think if I was going to track it, I'd potentially do it!

I'm looking for some opinions ( non biased ones :tongueout: ) on what you lot may deem to be the best track car ( unmodified ) from the below.

Basically all the car's I'm listing are car's me and my friends have, all of which they think are superior track wise to my 197.

• RS 197 ( non cup )
  • Leon TFSI FR 197
  • MK5 GTI Golf
  • 06' Civic Type R
  • Fiesta ST ( ECU remap to 163BHP apparently! )
In term's of BHP there's not a lot between the above, I think the Type R just pip's it with a manufacturers statement of 200BHP on the dot.

However I'm looking at handling and weight and I'm pretty sure the RS, around a track would dominate.

Opinions, anybody??

Contradicting yerself there mate.

in standard form out of that list I'd go for the Civic. Can be picked up really cheap now.

the civic could be built into a cracking track car if you had the time/money and patience.. but i still chose the clio for the unmodified factor.

I have a friend of a friend whos been building a time attack car from a civic ek. £35,000 later its nearly finished lol

Contradicting yerself there mate.

in standard form out of that list I'd go for the Civic. Can be picked up really cheap now.

How so dude? I'm only thinking from a standard point of view. I'd owe up and say that in terms of build and mod potential, the Civic has a lot more to offer.

When I drove my friends Type R, it felt like a completely different kettle of fish. I think the handling on those would take a lot of getting used too for me. The steering felt completely alien to any car I've drove before.

I think if I was handed £4k and asked to buy a car for that price worthy of tracking, I'd go for the Civic or a 172PH1.

How so dude? I'm only thinking from a standard point of view. I'd owe up and say that in terms of build and mod potential, the Civic has a lot more to offer.

When I drove my friends Type R, it felt like a completely different kettle of fish. I think the handling on those would take a lot of getting used too for me. The steering felt completely alien to any car I've drove before.

I think if I was handed £4k and asked to buy a car for that price worthy of tracking, I'd go for the Civic or a 172PH1.

You said your after standard yet you quoted the Remap numbers for the ST but not for the rest?

Out of the box the clio would be the best and I don't think any of the other are realistic options.

The civic is just as bad as the clio in getting more power, you'd need to spend possibly even more money on that as well then money to sort the handling.

Biased maybe but between the civic and the clio, the rest are no hopers on track.