Best MPG

Loving my new Clio 197, most economical car I've ever owned :-p

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20160429_130724.jpg
    IMG_20160429_130724.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 181
I had a Renault 19 16V back in the day.

Flat out down *****Local private runway. Reset computer when at terminal velocity; foot on clutch, coast to a hault from 135mph+, MPG would read 500+ or even higher from memory.........

"Flat out down *****Local private runway. Reset computer when at terminal velocity; foot on clutch, coast to a hault from 135mph+, MPG would read 500+ or even higher from memory........."

lol that's my next goal! :tongue_smilie:

I had a Renault 19 16V back in the day.

Flat out down *****Local private runway. Reset computer when at terminal velocity; foot on clutch, coast to a hault from 135mph+, MPG would read 500+ or even higher from memory.........

If you put your foot on the clutch... its using more fuel because the engine has to idle. If the inertia is driving the engine through the box... it uses zero fuel :smile:

If you put your foot on the clutch... its using more fuel because the engine has to idle. If the inertia is driving the engine through the box... it uses zero fuel :smile:

But less drag in neutral means higher speeds maintained for longer = better supposed MPG..........

No decline ever mentioned. This was a dead flat stretch of road......
Oops.

If there's no decline, I'd leave my car in gear personally.

Not much benefit on a flat, the car uses very little fuel if maintaining the same speed.putting it in neutral and then gear for acceleration just wastes fuel.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

@p3nn we're you pushing her down hill??? the best I got was my 250 49 mpg at 63 mph

Pushing down a hill after no breakfast and Weight Watchers diet.

It was actually just after i reset the trip computer :tongue_smilie:, it's now gone back down to a more realistic 22 smiles per gallon lol